Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Site navigation issue
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:59 am 

I did a quick search and didn’t find anything on this on the forum so I thought I would bring it up.
When reading a longer article that has multiple pages such as a how-to or something similar, every now and then an ad will pop up between pages. No big deal, takes like a second to click “continue to maximum pc”, don’t care about that. But what I see happen is that when I click continue on the ad, it will give an error about not being able to find the page. I accidentally closed out of the page so I don’t have the full error, but this happens consistently when viewing multi page articles when an ad pops up between pages. I then have to go back to the main page, find the article I was reading again and then jump to the page I originally wanted. I use chrome so I have no idea if it happens in other browsers.

Post subject: Re: Site navigation issue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm 

happened a few more times and I remembered to get some more info on it this time around.
hit next for page 2 on the "Who Wants Some Free Stuff?" article and got the advertisement, after click continue on the add, i get sent to an error page.
url: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/%5Bpri ... ge%3D0%2C1
and the content on the page

Whoops! The page you're looking for is missing. I blame ghost bears, but you might have typed the wrong URL or found a dead link. Perhaps the page you're looking for is in this list?

Looking for info on Slipstreaming Windows XP?
The Homepage - This is the gateway to all the content on our site.
News - The latest and greatest news in the world of computing, served with an extra scoop of analysis
Features - Longer stories, review roundups, tech previews, and more.
Reviews - The nitty-gritty; in-depth critiques featuring all the products we love, the gear we like, and the stuff we hate
Opinions - We got 'em. You should listen to 'em.
Forums - Mix, mingle, and Fold with the denizens of the Maximum PC community. Earn that forum avatar!
Podcast - If your eyes are starting to hurt from all that geek reading, then let the soothing sounds of the Maximum PC editors drift you back into digital happiness
How-tos - Confused? Unsure of how to get your rig to do what you want it to? Want a new project? Check out our comprehensive, step-by-step guides for any and all things computer
Customer Service - Get help with your subscription to the Maximum PC print magazine
Subscribe - Subscribe to the Maximum PC print magazine
Contact Us - What, you really wanna contact us? Here's now.
Advertising - Who to contact to advertise in Maximum PC and on maximumpc.com
Privacy Policy - How we protect your online privacy
Terms and Conditions - What your rights are concerning this website
RSS Feeds - How to get automated updates to all content on maximumpc.com