Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: putting the "Free Clinic" in another category.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:23 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

I was reading a post (posted at Hardware Haven having a Hardware problem) and they said the Free Clinic is for OS/Software/Programming. We should move the Free Clinic to another category, or a new one, like "Help".

THe forums are messed up, people not posting at the correct forum.

Scroll_Lock88 wrote:
omegacustoms wrote:
still no light even after I put the disk in
why not this fourm, its hardware
Hardware Haven
Circuit-level conversations on all that's going on with gear (DO NOT post "help me buy/build" or hardware/software problems here... use the appropriate forum).

That gives someone a good indication not to post help me threads in this particular area. 'Free Clinic' would have been a much better area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:03 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Interesting suggestion, I've passed it on. I do try to keep up with the Hardware Haven and clean it out, but it's difficult with the postcounts these days. Anything we can do to help that is worth considering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:41 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

If a 'Help' section does become a reality, the Overclocking/Cooling folder would fit in there IMO. Many of the threads are requests for tips with OCing or which cooler would be appropriate for a given rig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:08 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

I think just about all the posts on the forum are some kind of "help" posts. disreguarding the LL posts are either "help" or "check this cool stuff out" the the help is like 80% od the posts. I'd say leave it as it is, because nearly every thread starts out as a question asked by someone who needs help answering it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:16 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

gramaton cleric wrote:
I think just about all the posts on the forum are some kind of "help" posts. disreguarding the LL posts are either "help" or "check this cool stuff out" the the help is like 80% od the posts. I'd say leave it as it is, because nearly every thread starts out as a question asked by someone who needs help answering it.

No way!

The LL needs to go into the Help category too! That's where the kids go to get advice on love, girls, and relationships!

Post subject: Re: putting the "Free Clinic" in another category.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:21 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

wirelessfredom wrote:
I was reading a post (posted at Hardware Haven having a Hardware problem) and they said the Free Clinic is for OS/Software/Programming. We should move the Free Clinic to another category, or a new one, like "Help".

I'm not bashing you or your suggestion, but I just don't see the need for yet another section. What's so hard to understand about this:
Quote:
Free Clinic:
Get help and swap home remedies for what ails your PC. This is the *ONLY* folder for technical support questions to fix existing problems for Windows-based systems.

Simple and to the point... If you've got any type of problem with your *Windows* based PC, post it in Free Clinic.

Any problems with your Alt OS based PC (Unix, Linux, BSD, MAC etc) goes in Alt.OS.abode.

I think the reason people (usually people new to the forum) post in the wrong part of the forum is because they're too lazy to read the FAQ's that are located at the top of the forum.

Post subject: Re: putting the "Free Clinic" in another category.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:13 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

wirelessfredom wrote:

That's way too much work for me. It will never happen :P