Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Possible F@H on website?
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:55 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Would it be possible to get a folding link or some kind of small mention on one of the main website pages? Say someone goes to the main MPC website, a link saying Team Maximum PC Folding or something to that effect, that goes to the folding forum?

Browsing other sites, most have a folding link on their main page.

I as well as other team members appreciate the mentions in the mag, but wonder if we can get a few more team members, which in turn may bring us closer to 8th place :wink:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Folders (MPC Team Members) - have you checked in yet?

Lurkers - see what folding's about here - then join us- team 11108

Team Maximum PC - ranked #9!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:30 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

That worked for me. I actually wandered over into folding after seeing the F@H icon on the homepage linking to the tweaker's guide. It's not on the home page anymore, but it was there for the longest time and got my curiosity after a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:00 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I think by advertising F@H in the magazine we would grab more attention from readers and maybe get some more members to fold. Since Team MPC is ranked #9 we need to aim for the #1 spot. I know it is a tall order, considering the fact that we have under 6000 members, and out of that figure we have under 900 folding. Now if that amount of folding has got us in the #9 spot, just maybe if we can convince the rest of the members to fold then we may get lucky and land in the #3 spot. Blondie was the one who has mentioned folding to me, I have been on this site mid last year and never read any of the F@H threads, all because it did not catch my attention. Blondie got me to start folding :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:52 pm 
Max [Ph]otographer
Max [Ph]otographer

I think what matters more than how many users we have on the site is how many hits we get on this webpage.

One of the statistics I've read is that for every reply to a thread, there are 10 people who viewed the thread that did not post.

Like most forums, we have a lot of lurkers. If we folders could tap into that vast amount of lurkers, the team would benifet greatly.

The fact is that we are at the bottom of the page, and we aren't seen unless somebody actually scrolls down. Even if they do scroll down, they may see us and not really know what we are about.

Most people aren't willing to join something they haven't seen or know little about, so it's important that Folding becomes more visible on the main pages. However, we don't just need visibility, we also need to spread the word about who we are and what we are about.

Basically, we need to get noticed, and in a way that gets people to learn about what folding is and why we do it.

At the very least, a "Folding" link on the left-most frame would be very benificial. That could either take us to the FAH forums here on the MaxPC forums, or a special page dedicated to Folding at Home complete with details on what it is, why we do it, and how to get started.

Most of the other websites such as The Tech Report already have one of these pages.

Dan O.