Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: now inactive
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:32 pm 

my sn doesn't work now. I went in to the profile to change my email address,and it logged me out after i hit submit.I tried to sign back in, and it said that my password was invalid. i tried to get it to send the password to my email account that i just entered andit didn't work. I tried a few of the old email address, and it said that the account was invalid. what did i do wrong?

ps. this is a new sn that was made so i could post this. the messed up sn is g_ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:25 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

You got banned for being a no0b.

Post subject: Re: now inactive
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:51 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

0ffl1n3man wrote:
my sn doesn't work now. I went in to the profile to change my email address,and it logged me out after i hit submit.I tried to sign back in, and it said that my password was invalid. i tried to get it to send the password to my email account that i just entered andit didn't work. I tried a few of the old email address, and it said that the account was invalid. what did i do wrong?

ps. this is a new sn that was made so i could post this. the messed up sn is g_ram

I sent a pm to Six. Hopefully he can tell you what needs to be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:54 pm 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

Thanks Blondie.

g_ram is working now, but I'd really suggest going with GDD3 memory.

-Six

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:24 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

thanks for the quick fix, workin fine now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:53 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Thanks Six.

If anyone has an issue like this - email me from my member page. I usually sit down every hour or so, you just need a little bit of patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:59 am 

Thanks Blondie for bringing this to my attention. Any membership activation issues of this sort should always go to my attention, as I'm the only one who can fix it ;-)

Other kinds of forum issues can be brought to any of the moderators... preferrably by PMing one who's online at the time (look at current logged on members, choose somoene showing up in Green letters). :-)

-Six

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:09 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Number Six wrote:
g_ram is working now, but I'd really suggest going with GDD3 memory.
-Six

For what's it is worth .. I laughed. :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:43 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Number Six wrote:
Thanks Blondie for bringing this to my attention. Any membership activation issues of this sort should always go to my attention, as I'm the only one who can fix it ;-)

Other kinds of forum issues can be brought to any of the moderators... preferrably by PMing one who's online at the time (look at current logged on members, choose somoene showing up in Green letters). :-)

-Six

From what I understand, they can't pm you if they can't log in, which is why they can always email me from my member page, I don't have a problem with it. I know one guy mentioned that there should be a board email addy showing for times like this.

At my old place, I had one subforum set up for log in issues, where people did not have to be logged in to post, not sure if you could do something like that with a place so big

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:12 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Blondie wrote:
From what I understand, they can't pm you if they can't log in, which is why they can always email me from my member page, I don't have a problem with it. I know one guy mentioned that there should be a board email addy showing for times like this.

Many of us have our e-mail addresses posted, just for reference, including Chams/Six.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:04 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

colby wrote:
Blondie wrote:

Many of us have our e-mail addresses posted, just for reference, including Chams/Six.

I see yours when you post, but Six doesn't have an email button. If anything, the mods that don't mind getting board related emails, perhaps having their profile linked where their name is in this post? Is there somewhere else they are listed, I've never really looked for one, but it would be good to know. I do see where it mentions log in issues here in the FAQ's, it says "contact the board administrator" - perhaps an email link here would work since it isn't clickable?

When people email me, they say they couldn't find a board related email addy, and have emailed me because they see me around the forum. I've also gotten pm's where they ask who Six is and if he is a member or a mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:12 pm 

Blondie wrote:
When people email me, they say they couldn't find a board related email addy, and have emailed me because they see me around the forum. I've also gotten pm's where they ask who Six is and if he is a member or a mod.

Naturally, when that occurs with me, it's time to have some REAL fun with them. heehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:02 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Blondie wrote:
I see yours when you post, but Six doesn't have an email button.

I didn't know there was a way to protect who could see it, but I see an email button in all of his posts. I guess there must be a way, so I'm sorry for that assumption. Once I saw it, I assumed others could as well.

Blondie wrote:
If anything, the mods that don't mind getting board related emails, perhaps having their profile linked where their name is in this post? Is there somewhere else they are listed, I've never really looked for one, but it would be good to know. I do see where it mentions log in issues here in the FAQ's, it says "contact the board administrator" - perhaps an email link here would work since it isn't clickable?

The links are pretty easy and all the moderators obviously include as much information as they want to reveal. I am not sure to what extent we need to go with some of this stuff, considering people aren't even reading the posts we do make in the Forum Rules and Announcements section. I don't know about editing the PHP default stuff, that'd have to go through a site admin.

Blondie wrote:

Well, again, that question is answered if people would read the thread that you linked which discusses the moderators. :P

Anyway, I think adding the profile links in the thread is doable, but I don't know how else to get around it. Most people seem to just come post here, or they find a moderator and PM them.

Almost like we need a "READ THIS FIRST" link... but people have to GO INTO a forum to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:39 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

colby wrote:
Blondie wrote:
I see yours when you post, but Six doesn't have an email button.

I didn't know there was a way to protect who could see it, but I see an email button in all of his posts. I guess there must be a way, so I'm sorry for that assumption. Once I saw it, I assumed others could as well.

lol. I was starting to wonder if I was having a blonde moment :wink:
colby wrote:
I am not sure to what extent we need to go with some of this stuff, considering people aren't even reading the posts we do make in the Forum Rules and Announcements section..

Yeah, I know they don't read it.

colby wrote:
Blondie wrote:

Well, again, that question is answered if people would read the thread that you linked which discusses the moderators. :P

Anyway, I think adding the profile links in the thread is doable, but I don't know how else to get around it. Most people seem to just come post here, or they find a moderator and PM them.

Almost like we need a "READ THIS FIRST" link... but people have to GO INTO a forum to get it.

What I'm mostly seeing is people that can't log in, in order to use the pm system, you have to be logged in. They have 2 choices, make a new user name (peeve of mine) or find someone to email. As you said, some won't go into the forums looking for help, I guess others lurk and remember names they see, then contact them instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:02 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Blondie wrote:
What I'm mostly seeing is people that can't log in, in order to use the pm system, you have to be logged in. They have 2 choices, make a new user name (peeve of mine) or find someone to email. As you said, some won't go into the forums looking for help, I guess others lurk and remember names they see, then contact them instead.

People are lazy, so while we can build a better system, we also have to rely on some members to do the responsible thing and refer them correctly. It's never going to be perfect 8)