Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: that stupid little picture
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:13 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

<-------hey can I please please please get rid of that stupid picture and get my own up there? Im not askin to change my rating,become a PC member or anything like that. but hey look around I help everywhere I can, Ive been around forever (well maybe not this message board but the ol one) I never start any crap or flames. I just see all the cool pics and I want my own ***sob sob*** :cry since i cant figure out where in the control panel to change it im figuring the mag has control.

Post subject: Re: that stupid little picture
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:17 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

thrasherbill wrote:
<-------hey can I please please please get rid of that stupid picture and get my own up there? Im not askin to change my rating,become a PC member or anything like that. but hey look around I help everywhere I can, Ive been around forever (well maybe not this message board but the ol one) I never start any crap or flames. I just see all the cool pics and I want my own ***sob sob*** :cry since i cant figure out where in the control panel to change it im figuring the mag has control.

No.

Can't.

You are among the general population. When you hit 100 posts, you may PM #6 and she will let you ADD a personalized image. If you chose to use an animated one, you'll need pre approval. Now, if you really are an OG from Delphi, please stop posting no0b questions about avatars. ;)

Have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:26 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

First off ya dont need to be rude about it geeze
and as far as the noob Q statment goes lets read the instructions from your own profile page:
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 90 pixels, the height no greater than 90 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB. Current Image
[]Delete Image

maybe before you consider it a "noob question" you should clarify these directions to include whats required by a member a little bit on the profiles page so there isnt this type of confusion !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:37 pm 

thrasherbill wrote:
First off ya dont need to be rude about it geeze
and as far as the noob Q statment goes lets read the instructions from your own profile page:
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 90 pixels, the height no greater than 90 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB. Current Image
[]Delete Image

maybe before you consider it a "noob question" you should clarify these directions to include whats required by a member a little bit on the profiles page so there isnt this type of confusion !

I was not being rude. You chose to interpret my comment in said fashion.
The directions are a format default. You have every ability to use the "Search" function at the top of the forum to see if this topic has been discussed, or even read a few posts prior to starting a thread. This has been discussed to death. I actually didn't even give you the standard reply that most of us give these days. You got an actual answer.

The quote you took from the profile page is in regards to the personalized pictures. The one you want gone, is a general population badge that changes as your post count rises.

There is also an option in your profile to add a signature. You don't see anyone in here with a signature do you?

No0b.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:05 pm 
In the lab!
In the lab!

Rules, rules, rules, rules... rules, rules, rules, rules... do do do do... dooooo dooooo! RULES!

Forum Rules

7. Don't ask for an avatar. If we feel you've earned one, we'll give you what you deserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

well then let me apologize, last thing i want is problems.
if memory serves me right I don't remember any pictures other than signatures in the old commpost.
Im just not sure why we even have a picture anyways thats all. I can understand the rating but why the goofy picture? and i wasnt asking out of "hey you got one why wont you turn mine on?" I was tryin to just see if i could get it changed a little early

and as far as the signature goes
whats the point of offering the option if it doesnt work or you wont turn it on???

I have not been around for a while and yes after scanning a page or two I did not see a question regarding this,I figured I would just ask cause i didnt see it. my fault for not doing a search? yes it is. but ya could have easily posted the link for me just like dexter did and said nothing. why not make it a sticky?

"" The quote you took from the profile page is in regards to the personalized pictures"" and it stated:Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts.. which i had mistaken for the little pic thats already there thats all.

the heading over the picture stuff i quoted does say AVATAR CONTROL PANEL does it not? so forgive me for thinking the heading actually describes the functions included within. ( change pic in avatar=avatar control panel, silly me what the hell was I thinking??) i didnt want one at all so i fugured id ask

If I remember the reason they dont use signatures anymore was suddenly everyone started driving the bandwith to death with these huge pictures and animated giffs on the ol commport

maybe its my fault for trying to interpret words for their actual meanings and not paying attention to what im reading on the page in front of me.
so have a nice day sir or madam as i meant no disrespect.
too bad you can't say the same.

*noob h8r*

(update) after looking around i dont know how i didnt see the posting for rules and stuff and after a search i find many posts on this so i do apologize for even posting it ok and i did not spot the reasoning behind the sig either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:20 am 

thrasherbill wrote:
Im just not sure why we even have a picture anyways thats all. I can understand the rating but why the goofy picture? and i wasnt asking out of "hey you got one why wont you turn mine on?" I was tryin to just see if i could get it changed a little early

No0b

Quote:
and as far as the signature goes
whats the point of offering the option if it doesnt work or you wont turn it on???

ITS A FORMAT STANDARD No0b.

Quote:
I have not been around for a while and yes after scanning a page or two I did not see a question regarding this,I figured I would just ask cause i didnt see it. my fault for not doing a search? yes it is. but ya could have easily posted the link for me just like dexter did and said nothing. why not make it a sticky?

Because everyone but the no0bs already know it.

Quote:
"" The quote you took from the profile page is in regards to the personalized pictures"" and it stated:Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts.. which i had mistaken for the little pic thats already there thats all.

the heading over the picture stuff i quoted does say AVATAR CONTROL PANEL does it not? so forgive me for thinking the heading actually describes the functions included within. ( change pic in avatar=avatar control panel, silly me what the hell was I thinking??)

Its okay. You're a no0b.

Quote:
i didnt want one at all so i fugured id ask

No0b. Should'a PMed someone instead of exposing your No0bieness.

Quote:
If I remember the reason they dont use signatures anymore was suddenly everyone started driving the bandwith to death with these huge pictures and animated giffs on the ol commport

Nope. Try again No0b.

Quote:
maybe its my fault for trying to interpret words for their actual meanings and not paying attention to what im reading on the page in front of me.

Its okay. No0bs do that.

Quote:
so have a nice day sir or madam as i meant no disrespect.
too bad you can't say the same.
When did I ever disrespect you?

Quote:
*noob h8r*

WTF?!?!? Where does the no0b hater thing come from. I don't see anyone calling you on posting like a no0b!

Quote:
(update) after looking around i dont know how i didnt see the posting for rules and stuff and after a search i find many posts on this so i do apologize for even posting it ok and i did not spot the reasoning behind the sig either

Sigs are dieabled because they suck ass and are too hard to moderate.

No0b appoligy accepted. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:04 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Carefull monkey, j00 might n00b him to death :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:08 pm 

drainbread wrote:
Carefull monkey, j00 might n00b him to death :shock:

No0bie N0oBiE no0bIE!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]