Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Signatures
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:54 am 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

ok, if our profile is setup for signatures, why does the forum not support them?

Post subject: Re: Signatures
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:55 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Mani-aX wrote:
ok, if our profile is setup for signatures, why does the forum not support them?

Walk away...just walk away.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:12 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Mani-aX wrote:

Can you read? Check the FAQs....

derp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:48 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Mani-aX wrote:

they are disabled from the admin level

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:12 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

How many times must we go over this? They aren't allowed, and they aren't allowed because they're too hard to police... Consider yourself lucky to have an avatar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:43 am 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

now i remember why i hate coming here... i mean come on... im a busy person, and yes i have a life... i don't have a lot of time to sit in front of a computer, searching the whole forum for every question... you guys can be such ass' sometimes... i guess thats normal for you guys to try and run everybody off the forum huh.. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:48 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Mani-aX wrote:
im a busy person, and yes i have a life... i don't have a lot of time to sit in front of a computer, searching the whole forum for every question

So dramatic! ;) The search function works really well on this forum, especially for busy people. If you search for 'Signatures' and limit it to the 'Forum and Website Feedback', you get two threads (not counting this one):

Beomagi's
RobAtPace's

Clicking on the first one yields:
Post 1 (Beomagi) - how do i use a sig? it's checked, but doesn't appear.
Post 2 (Canucklehead) - Signatures are disabled. There's no plan to turn them on in the future, as per MaxPC staff. I concur - it was a nightmare to admin on the old Delphi forum when there were sigs and HTML.
Post 3+ - continued discussion, though question has already been answered.

All in all, takes significantly less time than making a new post and waiting/checking for a reply. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:59 am 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:55 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Mani-aX wrote:
... you guys can be such ass' sometimes... i guess thats normal for you guys to try and run everybody off the forum huh.. :x

A little patience goes a long way.

Just my 1/2 cent's worth. (inflation, y'know) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:15 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

wouldnt it be more like 4 cents, or something? Cuz inflation makes it cost more... haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:15 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

Mani-aX wrote:
:oops:

I thought it was a reasonable question, for what little my opinion counts. It's not covered in the FAQs or our forum rules or announcements.

But yeah, we've disabled them at the admin level.

-Six

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:18 am 

Number Six wrote:
But yeah, we've disabled them at the admin level.

-Six

Becareful. That is what I kindly told him and he call all of us asses.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:58 am 
No Hope = No Fear
No Hope = No Fear

ok, Spider has made me pull out the fingers...

drainbread wrote:
Mani-aX wrote:

this is an example of being an ass...

and this one as well...

Quote:
CrashTECH: Can you read?

nothing against you personally monkeyBoy :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:46 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Mani-aX wrote:
ok, Spider has made me pull out the fingers...

drainbread wrote:
Mani-aX wrote:

this is an example of being an ass...

and this one as well...

Quote:
CrashTECH: Can you read?

nothing against you personally monkeyBoy :wink:

Yeah Drainbread can be a wise ass, I'd agree there :wink:

Now, I'd like to see folding team members be allowed to turn sigs on. The sig would have to comply with rules- being that it be restricted to a folding sig. I think this would really help us get new team members to help fold. I also think if this were allowed, that team members would have to be checked on a regular basis to make sure they still were folding. I am tired of people getting avatar privs & or badges for folding, yet they stop folding once they get their "prize". I would be willing to offer myself to police this as long as I had help.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:04 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Blondie wrote:
I am tired of people getting avatar privs & or badges for folding, yet they stop folding once they get their "prize."

Looking at the glass as half full, those "prizes" still help to get the word out about Folding, whether they are active or not. This would rank higher on my greater-good priority list than stripping an inactive folder of their public badge would. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:08 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Blondie wrote:
Now, I'd like to see folding team members be allowed to turn sigs on. The sig would have to comply with rules- being that it be restricted to a folding sig. I think this would really help us get new team members to help fold. I also think if this were allowed, that team members would have to be checked on a regular basis to make sure they still were folding. I am tired of people getting avatar privs & or badges for folding, yet they stop folding once they get their "prize". I would be willing to offer myself to police this as long as I had help.

Signatures are irritating no matter what, and they are difficult to police. Also, because of the limitations of the way the forum is moderated, it's not as granular as we'd like either. Signatures are kind of an on/off thing.

I agree that people folding just to get the badge sucks, and it seems reasonable to me that instead of adding features to people who keep folding, we should take away the badges of people who stop folding. This is easier than policing sigs :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:22 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

colby wrote:
it seems reasonable to me that instead of adding features to people who keep folding, we should take away the badges of people who stop folding.

If that becomes the norm, be prepared to discern between those who have truly quit and those who are on temporary pause. Using myself as an example, it's been quite a few months since I last Folded - had my roommate's Soyo rig die on her, gave her my PC, and have been in the process of replacing mine (I'm currently using my son's). Since my roommate and myself make a living off of our PCs, I can't afford to stress these two working computers without a backup in place, especially in winter when I have the heat cranked up and thus my computer temps are up as well. Regardless, I plan to get back into full swing once I've completed the upgrade cycle.

The other thing I look at is if anyone has ever contributed points under MaximumPC towards Folding, they deserve recognition. Let the rankings be the great equalizer when it comes to valuing how much their contribution relates to others, rather than taking way a badge that helps get the word out. Following that strip-away logic, one might as well take away [PC] and 'Kick-Ass Moderator' badges for those who aren't currently active in the respective titles...

That concludes my rant, which is now up to 4 cents. I'm spent. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:25 pm 

One4yu2c wrote:
Following that strip-away logic, one might as well take away [PC] and 'Kick-Ass Moderator' badges for those who aren't currently active in the respective titles...

Yes. I've been waiting for Logik's position. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:03 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Colby & One4ya, great points.

One, how about a different folding badge then for those that have folded but aren't any more? Perhaps since the one I wear (with much pride) should be the standard issue for is / have folded for team MPC, but those that continue to be in say 800 to 101 would be a different color. I think 800 is pretty close to the normal active members here. I do understand what your saying with those that have joined collectives, I have 2 people working with me, and as yourself who is not on your own box and have taken a break. There has to be some way that those that gave 1 WU to us, for us to show our appreciation, but at the same time reward those that continue to fold with us on a regular basis. I do not feel that the loyal should have to wear the same badge as people that did it for the trophy.

The biggest problem we as a folding team face right now is losing people, we need a reason to keep the people, which is why I suggested what I did. Perhaps stripping them of the "badge" is not the answer, but they can't keep getting rewarded for something they are not doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:15 pm 

Blondie wrote:
Colby & One4ya, great points.

One, how about a different folding badge then for those that have folded but aren't any more?

There is one. Look at Jokerswild1's badge. ;)