Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:06 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Quit being so grumpy Grump.

Grump wrote:

Oh and PS: Blondie, why don't you ask someone to just put you a new title under your name: "In Pain, On Meds" so's you don't hafta keep repeatin' yourself so much. Just an idear. hahaha My shit is so funny, I crack myse'f up.

Hope that helps someone.

You could put "fuckin'" under yours so you could cut and paste instead of typing it so often :wink:

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:24 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

What? Is there a fuckin' problem with my language? I'm just doin' what willie boy suggested. Dealin' with it.

Oop, off-fuckin'-topic again. Shit, I'm sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:41 am 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Grump wrote:
Yeah, login problems drive me up the fuckin' wall too. But shit, ya know, you don't really have to go to all that trouble Number Six suggested.

Grump --

We get the message, loud and clear. Please return to your normal Grumpy self instead of the extra-cussy-Grumpy version :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:55 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Location: Almost there, once in a while. Folding as Arborist_Treeman
Grump, I'm 55 too and you are embarassing the age group. Either you have Tourettes, Alzhiemers or you are just acting childish because you are not getting your way. I don't post much but I read here a lot and haven't found any thing that I can't live with here. I have found a lot of good info and appreciate it. If you want to be an influence then be a good example and hope others catch on. Flaming and arguing only makes the problem worse and you become a part of the problem.

Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:07 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

colby wrote:
Grump --

We get the message, loud and clear. Please return to your normal Grumpy self instead of the extra-cussy-Grumpy version :)

Hi Colby,

We've had words before, on the board and in private, and you know how much I love it here. You also know, and many others do to, just how I conduct myself here and on ever forum I belong to. Yes, I'm a grump (duh!), but I am fair minded and only give crap when crap has been asked for.

I have been threatened with banishment for having an opinion -- one I thought I had to fight to express because so many tried to shut me up. I was told, in so many words, that the trash-mouth people and the kiddies in particular have more control than the staff. I don't agree with that, but because I haven't been here since day whatever and don't have umpteen thousand posts, I am not allowed to express my conservative opinion.

If you are saying that I CAN express my opinion and go back to being who I want to be, I would LOVE to do that. But if I have to endure threats of banishment because I speak out against vulgarities and personal attacks on a member's (or non-member) character, then I would just as soon keep on adding all the shits, damns and fucks to stay on the other side of the fence.

You know I appreciate your concern.

Grump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:21 pm 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Grump wrote:
colby wrote:
Grump --

Hi Colby,

We've had words before, on the board and in private, and you know how much I love it here. You also know, and many others do to, just how I conduct myself here and on ever forum I belong to. Yes, I'm a grump (duh!), but I am fair minded and only give crap when crap has been asked for.

I have been threatened with banishment for having an opinion -- one I thought I had to fight to express because so many tried to shut me up. I was told, in so many words, that the trash-mouth people and the kiddies in particular have more control than the staff. I don't agree with that, but because I haven't been here since day whatever and don't have umpteen thousand posts, I am not allowed to express my conservative opinion.

If you are saying that I CAN express my opinion and go back to being who I want to be, I would LOVE to do that. But if I have to endure threats of banishment because I speak out against vulgarities and personal attacks on a member's (or non-member) character, then I would just as soon keep on adding all the shits, damns and fucks to stay on the other side of the fence.

You know I appreciate your concern.

Grump

I'm doing this publically because I think everyone deserves to hear it.

I don't think the moderators have less control than the kids, I think we have an acceptable "level" of things we're willing to let go -- we can't police every word, and we have to trust that people, to some degree, can moderate themselves. Would I prefer it if people only used foul language occasionally (like they would if they were speaking to the same crowd)? Of course I would. Would I prefer it if we all acted like adults all the time? Sure.

The reality of the forums is that there are kids here, there are adults who act like kids here, there are kids who act like adults here, and there are adults here. We have to live with them all. If there are kids that continuously act inappropriately, they'll be warned and banned as well.

You should be able to express your opinion, but when your opinion becomes more important to you than participating in the forum, we all need to take a step back. I think you'll find most of the grumpy old adults in the forum agree with what you're saying, but what we can actually DO about it is another issue. This forum should be welcoming to everyone, and it should be a place people can come to get help.

I am always willing to hear constructive criticism and ESPECIALLY suggestions on how we can improve our community here. That should be everyone's goal. We've been through this in our previous forum and I fully expect that we'll go through it here, and I want people to participate. We don't have a lot of the constraints we had in the other forum here, so we have much more freedom to improve it.

Bitchin' and moanin' doesn't accomplish a lot. Yes, you are free to express your opinion. When and where you express it is one issue, and how you express it is the other.

I agree with what Don said -- at some point, we have to accept what we're reading, and try to make it better ourselves one post at a time. Participate in the forum, participate it in the way you'd like to see others participate, and we can change what we see.

I hope you continue to participate, and as I mentioned before, I certainly hope that people here feel free to PM the moderators with suggestions and discussion on the forums.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]