Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:04 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Posts: 1670
Grump wrote:
I am not your friend, don't wish to be and think your poor excuse for sarcasm is equal to your fake naïveté about the absence of malice throughout the forums.

Let me get this right. You think I am faking naïveté that there exists an absence of malice throughout the forums? Look pops, I have maintained throughout this thread that there does exist malice in the forums, and it exists in LL. I went so far as to even conclude that if malice DOES exist outside of LL, the thread is either locked or it is moved to the appropiate forum by a mod. I don't know many other ways to spell this out to you, perhaps a bat over the head will beat it into your head better than me telling you repeatedly.

The link you offered, seemingly as a peace plea, was a pathetic attempt to try to prove your point of profanity and supposed, I am assuming, malice that can be read outside of the LL forum.

I read the thread you linked, and if one thing swiftly becomes apparent, it is the fact that people seem to think that your self-righteous and holier than thou behavior is about as unacceptable as your idea that profanity and malice is ruining these boards. All quotes are from the same thread.

Flytrap:
Quote:
Who made you the holy saint of the forum cracking down on the (fucking) profanity?

Blondie:
Quote:
I realize I flew off the handle, but I am sick of someone's holier than thou attitude.

PaulZo:
Quote:
Your just trolling and your self rightious shit aint flushing !!!!

You know what irks me, pops? It's the fact that people like you exist, telling other people what they can and cannot do, regardless if the forum rules allow it or not. You want to tell people to watch their language? For what? Do the rules and regulations of this board suggest otherwise? Do you have some kind of special pull in these forums that we don't know about?

Don't get me wrong. There is a time and place for everything. However, your vendetta of telling others to watch their language in a place that does NOT forbade you from doing so is about as ignorant as, well, you.

Grump wrote:
Not only do I like reading about it while I sit on the toilet, I enjoy interacting with like minded individuals online. You would think MaximumPC Forums would be the ideal place to do that. My complaint remains that it is not the ideal place in my mind. I imagine I am not alone.

Yeah, and like I told you before pops, that if you don't like it here, then leave. Obviously you have a problem with this board, and how it operates. Perhaps in your perfect world, you would run your board with an iron grip, squashing and suffocating the exhange of communication to the point of boredom and bleakness. Mostly likely done with the purpose of sanctifying the english language so that children won't see a bad word, or so that the board does not become desecrated with this supposed induced wickedness.

You 'imagine' that you are not alone? Again, I CHALLENGE you, (caps intended) to find more posts and threads that address the issues that you have brought to bear. I could honestly care less if you are more vocal than others, just find me evidence of other people complaining and whining about the same insipid crap as you are, pops. It's that simple.

Grump wrote:
Believe it or not, the Feedback forum is not just for kudos and people like you to whine about forward thinking people like me.

You consider yourself to be a forward thinking individual? I'm sorry, people I know to be forward thinkers do not usually involve themselves in being self righteous, holier than thou insufferable bores. You are about as forward thinking as an inverted spine, of which you lack, as far as I am concerned at this point. I have tried to engage you in a fair, objective manner, asking you to show me examples of the things you are concerned about, and you have not, as of yet, been able to provide said examples.

Grump wrote:
Everything should grow and mature. It's time the forums do so as well... It isn't so far fetched for me to expect the forums to reflect the content of the magazine.

Then let us be glad that you don't run the magazine after you 'clean up' the forums. I'd hate to be bored to tears without the occasional emotional driven expletive about a product that fails to meet expectations, or an editor who reviews an exceptionally well done game that gets the coveted "Kick-Ass" award.

Oops. I typed 'ass.' I better wash my hands with soap now. I feel so dirty...


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:19 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:42 am
Posts: 154
Location: teh Ether
garetjax wrote:
...


Sorry, there wasn't any intelligent content to quote. All that was there was an attempt to insult me or, as the kiddies say, pwnzored me (something like that). Didn't work. I think I made my point. I don't really care if you understand it or not.

Oh yeah, if you're looking for an example, you provided your own. Thanks.

Grump


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:04 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 am
Posts: 7159
Location: In HyperTransport
:roll:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:11 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Posts: 1670
Oooh, oooh! Can I play that game too? I learned that game when I was in grade school too!

Grump wrote:
...

Sorry, there wasn't any intelligent content to quote.

How incredibly mature of you pops. I expected much better from you. However, I'm sure that in your ripe old age, there is a lesson to be learned here somewhere. Do you know the lesson I am referring to? The one that's along the lines of, "If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kithen." That ring a bell at all?

Ideally, as I look back upon this thread, I see that you make argument after argument, but when confronted by others with them, you confuse and muddy those issues with nonsensical tangents that really offer no structure nor strength to your arguments. In other words, when presented with adversity, you would rather try to BS your way through it, or ignore it entirely, in lieu of actually trying to prove them. I have asked you countless times to prove your arguments, and basically all you have done is wasted both my time, and your time with your befuddled, doddering attempts of justifying your position.

You never made your case. You never supported your arguments and claims. In the end, you failed to prove the issues that you were trying prove and/or impress upon in this thread.

Well, save for the fact that you proved, at least to me, that you have no stomach for truth or people calling your bluffs. The word cowardice comes swiftly to my mind for some reason... I wonder why.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:55 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am
Posts: 15220
Grump wrote:
Just as you are in the near entirety of your reply, you are wrong, wrong wrong. I am not your friend, don't wish to be and think your poor excuse for sarcasm is equal to your fake naïveté about the absence of malice throughout the forums. This thread is but one small example of what I have been saying. I won't be doing any more of your work, do a search yourself on certain key words or just do a search on a couple of the most foul mouthed members to see if they aren't foul mouthed in places other than LL.


Gee, you linked to a post that you edited out everything you said. Everything that started that whole ordeal. You came into this post knowing you would eventually bring that post up, and edited out everything you said before linking to it here.

As I state in my last post there, I found it very insulting that you would post what you did about my comment in the thread, which btw, you really added nothing to, except to start a fight. I find it hilarious that you have your own forum, yet you post what you did in the post in the 1st place, surely someone so righteous as you would know to keep things like that in a pm? Had you put it in a pm, there would have been no cursing in that post what so ever. So, Grump, you started it. What made me fly off the handle is that no matter what I said, you just kept twisting it, to provoke, IMO what you did. Let me quote Zambini-
Zambini wrote:
oh snap blondie! rofl i aint never seen u fly off the hook like that

This is not something I do here, and when & if I did, it is noticed because I do not normally do that.

I wonder if you planned to provoke in that post, just so you could eventually add it here. You mention cursing Sun Feb 27, 2005- days before you came into that post & offerred nothing except to put me down. You criticize me for sharing things I share, yet you don't see me criticizing you for the way your feel in regards to posting "personal" stuff on forums.
Flytrap7 wrote:
I suggest you drop holier-then-thou attitude, and keep this shit in the Lifestyle Lounge or within a PM.

As I said, a pm to me instead of posting what you did, yet you still continued to keep it in the post instead of moving it elsewhere. Surely Grump, you know better?

Grump wrote:
Nothing you can say will make me think it's perfectly alright to cuss at or malign people that can't defend themselves.

Garetjax wrote:
And who exactly are the ones that cannot defend themselves? Furthermore, who exactly are the people that outright cuss or malign people who can't defend themselves?


You really need to get off of it and mind your own business Grump. You put me down for a comment I made when I wasn't fully awake, and you continued to put me down about it. Let me tell you, I don't know you, and you do not know me. If you follow any of the posts I make, you will know I am currently not working due to a back injury. I am so heavily medicated that some days I type things without thinking that some idiot will take it wrong. The day in question just happened to be one of them, where I was so run down, & the meds had an effect on me that day, that no matter what I did or how much coffee I had, I was not able to shake it. The members of the forum that know me, know and have seen me brag about my kids, especially my talented son, who btw, has a very high IQ. What you don't know is that Autism, as well as it seems, Alzheimer's, runs in my family- I would never call anyone stupid and actually mean it. Why do you think I am folding?

You then ridicule me for posting here about my family (unfortunatly, you edited your post, so I can't quote you) for thousands of people to see; then you mentioned it is a forum & how could anyone strike up personal conversations with people they do not know- or something to that effect- and how you would never do it. You are not me, and I am not you- if something I have been through can help someone here, then yes, I will post it. If you do not like it, hit your back button. And as an FYI, not that it is your business, but if I post something my son has been through, I tell him. You do not see me posting personal things about my daughter, who had an issue a few months back, an issue that possibly could have helped someone here.

My impression of you- someone must have ridiculed you pretty bad when you were young, because you seem to take things too personally. Funny, I was ridiculed too, but I am not the bitter person you are.

Grump wrote:
It always irks me when someone says if I don't like it here I should leave. Why do you think I am here? You take a look at my posts here and see if I don't enjoy helping people and sharing in the kinds of extended discussion the magazine prompts.


Let me tell you, I've posted in a few posts that you have & don't find that you really even offer anything here (for the most part) except to be, well as your name suggests "a Grump". There are also posts I didn't post on, where people have asked you to lighten up.
Ask the Doctor suggestion... - you pick a fight here.
PHPBB2 - know- it- all attitude

I can go on, but will stop. Perhaps it's your name, that some of us immediatly expect the attitude from you that you don't let us down when you do post. I don't doubt that others as they see this post, will also tell of you starting things in posts. Then again, perhaps they won't since I'm writing a book here.

Grump wrote:
My complaint remains that it is not the ideal place in my mind.

Garetjax wrote:
Word to the wise, and perhaps this is not my place to say, but I will anyway. If you have this much dislike for the content and behavior of the people on this board, who govern themselves within the rules and regulations as set forth by the mods of said board, then perhaps you should leave and not bother coming back.


I don't need to add anything to what Garet wrote. Well said Garet.

Grump wrote:
Believe it or not, the Feedback forum is not just for kudos and people like you to whine about forward thinking people like me.

But Grump, once again you started it. Perhaps if you don't like something, you should use that little button that says "PM" and do just that, pm a mod. Perhaps if you used it to tell the people you find offensive that you find them offensive, you will be on your own little fight to clean up the forums. Everyone here knows I do it, my fight is bandwidth theft, which you can see in posts I make.

Perhaps Grump, if you spent more time on your own forum, it would get successful, then you won't have time to look for posts here, other than the modding section, thus, not find things that offend you.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Six-
It's a shame that your thread on Googling, got turned into something unrelated to it. Is it possible to split the post out so that you original post can continue? I for one am glad Google is coming around, it is very exciting! There are a lot of informative posts here that deserve to be found on Google searches.

I am also going to apologize here, for adding my 2¢, but after being attacked the other day by Grump, I can not sit back and not say what I have to say. I am the type of person who can be pushed & pushed until I can no longer take it, as some of you have seen one other time. As I said, what was said to me by Grump the other day, never should have been said in a post by him in the 1st place.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:47 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:17 pm
Posts: 5315
Location: northwest BC
(sigh) I miss ALL the fun... :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:56 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:22 pm
Posts: 4154
Location: Tampa FL.
Grump wrote:
garetjax wrote:
...


Sorry, there wasn't any intelligent content to quote. All that was there was an attempt to insult me or, as the kiddies say, pwnzored me (something like that). Didn't work. I think I made my point. I don't really care if you understand it or not.

Oh yeah, if you're looking for an example, you provided your own. Thanks.

Grump


He did? If that post offended anyone they need to /life. I didn't find a foul word in that. I didn't find slurs, or any other objectionable material. All I saw was him expressing his oppinions about people like you in a civil manner. I am under the impression like most here that you just can't be pleased until this place is converted to a convent. At that point the forum would lose its traffic and we would have a ghost town like your forums.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:41 am
Posts: 11605
w00t! Move this thread to LL and let the flame wars begin!

I miss that thread... it was fun... lol


EDIT

CRAP! this is a serious thread! How dare I laught at the silliness??


Grump, bottom line, you dont like it, LEAVE!

drainbread wrote:

STFU...geez


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:39 am 
Team Member
Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:48 pm
Posts: 614
Location: Canadian Poop Land
**grabs popcorn and watches**


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:53 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:42 am
Posts: 154
Location: teh Ether
Blondie,

You decided to bring your problems with my comment in another thread here and try to make me look bad for editing out those comments. You asked me to. I complied. Others did not, and your references to how terrible they were can still be seen in Spider Monkey's post. You admitted then, as you do now (and added the part about being on medication, etc.), that you weren't thinking straight. My comments weren't made to a person befuddled by lack of sleep and the effects of drugs, they were made to what appeared to me a person who has again made seemingly disparaging remarks about her son.

As I asked in that thread, how am I supposed to know you didn't sleep well? How am I supposed to know you may have altered consciousness because of pain medication? How do I even know your last message wasn't written under those conditions? I made a simple comment in a thread, as many people, including you, have done. You ran with it, blew it up in your mind until it was about the worst thing anyone could have ever said to you. Maybe it was the pain medication.

See the title of this forum? Forum & Website Feedback I made comments in this particular thread that were based on my limited knowledge of Google bots and my feelings about their effect on this and other forums that link to this one. I'm allowed to do that, you see, because I have been led to believe that the only requirement to posting in this forum is that I be a member. Is there some unwritten rule that states I have to think this place is Gods gift to the computing public? Is the feedback only s'posed to be of the "ever'thing is just so loverly" variety?

This is not the first time I have seen you bring up your frailties out of context. I have no doubt that your bad back and every other important thing in your life has an effect on your content here. You have serious issues I couldn't begin to know about. So why would you charge me with that very thing? I have seen one person on this forum that beats your woeful back problems all to Hell, but I know for a fact there is at least one more. I WISH I had a back problem I could medicate.

MaximumPC Forums is not your personal private club. Believe it or not, I'll bet there are a lot of magazine readers out there who might be interested in a forum that carries on the same general feel and philosophy. It is my feeling that some of what goes on here is not attractive to the person looking for a similar experience as what they found in the magazine. Yes, some may even find me objectionable.

You champion bandwidth. Good for you. Really. I do that same thing. I hate it when someone steals from another. I also champion copyright and I take people to task (if that's considered an attack in your eyes, so be it) for making disparaging remarks about another, who either can't or won't defend against those remarks. I also have trouble with people who want you to hold their hand every step of the way through something, even though there are literally millions of resources to be found that can assist in any problem. You are one of those who have a need to be needed and do the hand holding any chance you get. I have never faulted you for that.

My main complaints lately have to do with the kind of language and personal attacks found here that you don't normally find on other forums. I have not once said change or be damned. I make my feelings known. You and many others don't happen to agree, but a few of you have made it your mission in life to see that I am damned to Hell for having these thoughts. It doesn't seem to matter that I am entitled as much as the next guy. As much as you few vilify me because of my thoughts, it would seem you feel threatened by them.

I offer my brand of participation the same way I have been for twelve years in forums. There's people who don't like it, people who do and people with no opinion on it at all. I bet the same could be said for you. If you think for one minute that making this an issue about one old fart against a private gathering of friends will keep your precious forum safe from me or anyone else who may have strong feelings, you are sadly mistaken. I come here because it has promise to me. If I can influence it in any way by my participation and the honest sharing of my opinions and ideas, then that would make me feel a part of this forum. If one person finds my information helpful or useful in any way, that makes me feel good.

Because I have found some level of satisfaction here, I will be staying around a while longer. Your personal attacks and out of proportion reactions to my comments aren't going to have much effect on me. I also won't be walking on eggshells because of your sleepless or medication induced transgressions. You see, in my malignant state, I don't have time to figure it all out.

Grump


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:58 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2004 1:13 pm
Posts: 2308
FYI, I'm locking this because it's not constructive at all.

If you have a problem with that, feel free to PM me. However, please keep the PMs under 300 words. I'm really busy this week.

///Will


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group