Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Server outage notices
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:19 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I've complained before on other levels, but there's troubles with this website (the forum in particular) that have recently came to head. Let's just use tonight for now:

I started having annomolies at 1145PM PST where one errant "[" made the review and post blank. Found it, fixed it, fine...but it's never stopped me. Then about 15 minutes later I can't even reply. Reload the page...nothing; MPC is taking too long to respond. That was at 11PM PST. I've been compiling a video of how every other link I have on hand works fine in the dead time, but shortened it to just a few to make a basic point. I save my post in notebook and continue to refresh. What do you know, at 0058 it works.

That's an outage by any IT standard. One hour is too perfect, always is one hour, and happens too much. Seen it Monday morning, but just played poker instead of attending the forums. But then again on Wednesday? Our IT sends us outage warnings, does Future's? If so, are they passed along? And then again if so...can we get a headline about these times? Just make us feel informed a bit, 'cause I rip my systems apart looking for these problems when it is too on queue to be my solo issue. "oh, everything works but MPC, and MPC borked for about 1 hour...twice in 3 days"

I'm a night owl, may be the rare night poster, but am accountable I'd hope by now. "Hey, we're down from 12PM PST to 0100 Wednesday". That would be nice. If I see this far too much, you guys sleep too much and feel ignored. I suspect it's a good time for the host, but how about 2AM instead of midnight? 2AM in PST is 6AM EST and shouldn't hurt any one of our members wanting to post.

In short: If anything, just tell us the hour the forum will be down. Please? We're not all 9-to-5 white collar drones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Hey bro, we're down from 12PM PST to 0100 a couple days a week.

Better now?