Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best of the best sugestion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:54 pm 

it would be nice if you had best of best selections in categories based on socket. so divide 1356, 1156, and am3/2 into there with sub-categories like motherboard, CPU, CPU fan, water cooler, and anything else that's not cross compatible.

Post subject: Re: Best of the best sugestion
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 pm 

it would also be nice if they updated it more than once every ten years... but that actually is a good idea to do it by sockets. good call.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:15 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Best of the best, per socket and brand sucks. "Best" means it's above all. Not better, but BEST. The best CPU can be in any socket at any given time, and the motherboard in the list will pretty much follow suit. It's not a buyer's guide; never was and should never be a buyer's guide...and why I think it's always been useless. We need to read in order to make a buying decision, not just go off some best-of list.

"Best" as a word, can not be divided into any ratio. It is #1 no matter what factors are used. So to choose the best CPU could very well be 1156, AM3+, or even 1366...but it doesn't matter at all logically. The best CPU, if you're hunting for it, is in that list. YOU adapt to the socket if YOU just need to have the best CPU out there on the market. You're asking them to update all current sockets basically, and have them being blind to the show behind the scene.

#1 is 1366 right? So you want the best of 1156 or AM3+. Then you're not looking for the BEST CPU. You're wanting to backslide and make the best of a situation. If you want the best, buy the best. Don't make MPC make a list of 4th best CPU's and the like. Be a good consumer. Read the forums.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:03 pm 

We would be looking at the BEST CPU of THAT socket. The BEST CPU of 1156 might not be the BEST CPU of all, but it is the BEST 1156. Which would be cool to know. But i agree we should just do some reading instead of looking at that stupid best of the best list.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 pm 

alphablitz wrote:
it would also be nice if they updated it more than once every ten years... but that actually is a good idea to do it by sockets. good call.

Bump

What gives? I was sitting here and remembered that the AMD BOTB mainboard was finally updated in the mag and I click over here to see what it was (because my mag is at work) and it's the same one it's been forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]