Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: FAH donations thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:47 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Ok, I know this has been brought up before, but I've been thinking about this and really think it's a good idea. Here's a C&P of a post to spidermonkey of my idea:

Quote:
Hmm.. Perhaps we should put together one of those FAH donations threads. I've been thinking about it lately.
I think the way we should do it, is someone starts the thread with a 'rules post', then after that people post what they can donate.
BUT, the only replies would be donation posts. If someone is interested in something, they PM or Email the person. That way, it keeps the thread from being this Huge, un-manageable mess. It would basically be 1 post per person. When you donate something, simply edit the message saying 'donated', or remove it from the list.

Also, I think people that have older systems that would like to contribute more but don't have the funds for another system would get dibs before someone like me that has a fuckload of systems, but have room for more.

Whatcha think?

I think it's doable. If he doesn't mind, I'd like Canucklehead to write up the page of rules as I think he did and excellent job on the appraisal table bylaws.

I don't know what all we should include in the rules, but I guess some of the basics would be:

1.) MaxPC would not be resposible for any asshats ripping people off.
    2.) If you request donated parts, the parts must be used in a PC that will be left on and folding 24/7.
    3.) If you had a part donated to you, then later decide to upgrade that part you need to either A.) put it in another PC to fold or B.) put it on the donation table. No selling donated parts for profit!
    4.) 1 post per person. If you donate something, or have additional things to donate, edit your message. There's no need for multiple 'I have parts for donation!!1' posts. Also, if you see parts that you can use, do not reply to the message. PM or Email the person.

Well, I'm only on my first cup of coffee and am waiting for the caffiene to soak in so, the rules aren't complete or anything. I'm sure others can think of reasonable rules to add?

Thanks for listening. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:53 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

You have full support from me.

Perhaps the thread could be locked and moderated by a Mod so there are no posts? Updates could be done via PM to said Mod, and he/she could edit the sticky?

I know some assclown like Gamer or Urmums would start going nuts on the posts despite the rules. That's why I suggest the lockage, but it might be a little overboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:03 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Spider Monkey wrote:
You have full support from me.

Perhaps the thread could be locked and moderated by a Mod so there are no posts? Updates could be done via PM to said Mod, and he/she could edit the sticky?

I know some assclown like Gamer or Urmums would start going nuts on the posts despite the rules. That's why I suggest the lockage, but it might be a little overboard.

I'd like to give people the benefit of doubt and have it unlocked at first, but I guess if things start getting out of hand we could talk a mod into that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:06 am 

TWBalls wrote:

I'd like to give people the benefit of doubt and have it unlocked at first, but I guess if things start getting out of hand we could talk a mod into that?

I think we'll need Number 6's sign off on this one. Fortunately for us, he's a passonate folder.

How would we determine whether or not a single individual was taking too much advantage of the thread and take all the items? Or would you care?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:12 am 
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member

Maybe a recieved list where anyone thats donated a item could pm say 1 person that posts a list and edits it.

Mod could edit anyone with more than 1 post and send them a pm to not do it again rather than locking the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:16 am 

Jokerswild1 wrote:
Maybe a recieved list where anyone thats donated a item could pm say 1 person that posts a list and edits it.

Mod could edit anyone with more than 1 post and send them a pm to not do it again rather than locking the thread.

True that! Or we could set it up like the OMG and MRL in the Modder folder and just keep updating the top post..... That way we wouldn't need a mod to hold outr hand, AND people couldn't jack up the flow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:40 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Jokerswild1 wrote:

Sorry, my brain is still putt-putting like an old Model-T... Do you mean something like keeping a list of who got what parts, to help keep people honest?

Quote:

Now there's a good idea. I know glitches/brainfarts/double posts sometimes happen, so deleting/editing the post and a warning/notification would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:33 am 

Quote:
Sorry, my brain is still putt-putting like an old Model-T... Do you mean something like keeping a list of who got what parts, to help keep people honest?

Yes, have one person put a post that says ( parts sent ) then everyone that sends a part to someone else can pm the parts sent person and they can update the list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:42 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Jokerswild1 wrote:
Yes, have one person put a post that says ( parts sent ) then everyone that sends a part to someone else can pm the parts sent person and they can update the list.

Sounds good. Speaking of which, I gotta send this memory out to Gramaton Cleric again. It came back saying 'incorrect address', and haven't gotten around to sending it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:05 pm 

TWBalls wrote:
Jokerswild1 wrote:

Sounds good. Speaking of which, I gotta send this memory out to Gramaton Cleric again. It came back saying 'incorrect address', and haven't gotten around to sending it again.

Send it to the address you got from me. I'm sure it will get somewhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:39 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

This is much better than my stupid poll. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:42 pm 

drainbread wrote:
This is much better than my stupid poll. :)

Not your fault. Polls are stupid period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:40 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Hey, I hope you guys get something like this going. I just tossed a whole load of bits'n pieces out, almost enough to build a complete dino system. Could have gone to someone who would have made a fah rig.

(*shrug*) Now I'll start saving my parts again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:00 am 

whitecree wrote:
Hey, I hope you guys get something like this going. I just tossed a whole load of bits'n pieces out, almost enough to build a complete dino system. Could have gone to someone who would have made a fah rig.

::CRYING A LOT::

WHITECREE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:10 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Spider Monkey wrote:
whitecree wrote:

::CRYING A LOT::

WHITECREE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cross your fingers...
We're going to be getting a new CEO soon here at work. My boss wants to impress the guy (gal?), so he wants us to get rid of anything that hasn't been used in over a year. He said if anything still works, we can take it home.
Hopefully, we'll be allowed to take some of these PIII 500's home. I already told him that I know you guys would love to have them donated toward the FAH cause. :)
Again, this is still in the negotiation stage, so don't hold your breath just yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:12 am 

Oh shit I'm glad you said that I was turning blue. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:14 am 

TWBalls wrote:
don't hold your breath just yet.

Its worth it. I'm going to start holding breath now............. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:21 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Jokerswild1 wrote:
Oh shit I'm glad you said that I was turning blue. :lol:

oops, sorry.
/pops in a breath mint
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:41 am 

^^^ You funnier than toilet paper hanging out the back of someones pants. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:02 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Jokerswild1 wrote:
^^^ You funnier than toilet paper hanging out the back of someones pants. :lol:

Believe it or not, that sorta happened to a co-worker. 'Cept it wasn't Toilet paper, it was one of those paper 'seat protection' thingies that they often have in public restrooms.
It was here at work, luckily for him the only ones that saw it was us in the dept. :lol: