Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just a suggestion, but I think a valid one.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:40 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I think that the subject of piracy is a taboo issue, there are a lot of things that are fought about with the subject, and it never ends with any positive notes. Due to this issue, I would like to now make an official recommendation to ban the subject from being discussed in any sections, as an actual subject, whether the break room, software section, or wherever. It's just as controversial as politics and religion, and the everlasting Windows/PC vs. Mac fights. I don't even understand why people have to fight over such a subject as that, but whatever.

The point here, is that the subject always causes problems when discussed, like those other subjects, so why not make it a subject that's not allowed to even be discussed in the first place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 am 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

No, nothing is fought about. We were having a perfectly fine discussion until you decided to be all "Arrrr imapiraterite?" in the thread. What you don't understand is that we do not tolerate the advocation of piracy. To be honest I like discussing the issues around piracy and maybe how things can be made better. You can't solve a problem without talking about it. Saying that "I pirate stuff because I am (insert lame excuse here)" does not change the fact that it is wrong. Don't try to justify doing something illegal because you feel you are entitled to something that isn't yours to start with.

Honestly, I miss having some religion and political discussion as well. The problem there is people like you don't know how to discuss things like adults and get butt hurt when people disagree with you. Same for Windows vs Mac. Microsoft vs Apple. We can discuss the merits of each all day (Again, something that I myself and several others like doing and enjoy) but individuals crap on the thread, and generally act like you do every time the subject comes up.

If it was up to me (and I certainly hope my viewpoint is taken into account here) I would say your request is denied. No go troll some other forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:16 am 
Chief Surgeon
Chief Surgeon

I fully agree with what CrashTECH is saying here...

That thread about thieves and piracy was very civil until you came in and started trouble.

This is not the first time you've come in and spewed YOUR beliefs in threads - in the Break Room and outside of the Break Room - regarding piracy, games, software and the like.

I've reviewed each instance and nothing tells me that the threads were bad/unjust until you crapped all over them - in which you've stated unconditionally that you have stolen and do steal other people's works and copyrights for your pleasure without proper compensation.

Regardless of what you think, MaximumPC's Forums is not your soapbox. You have FaceBook, MySpace, and countless social sites to do such talk. Not here. This site is owned and run by MaximumPC's parent company.

And, as a final 'READ THIS,' if you do NOT change your ways and post per the rules of the forums - and you've been here long enough to know how to search for them - then the Forum Staff will have no choice but to terminate your forum privileges.

DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER SINGLE POST ABOUT THIS MATTER!

I fully expect an apologetic PM or e-mail.

SuperChip64
MaxPC Forum Administrator

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]