Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Three whole posts?

Man you put a lot of effort into that before you quit bro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 am 

Sorry, I have to agree with the complainers. Filter blocked a post of mine with no links or curse words or anything. I am not going to "just keep trying" as its a waste of my time. You need to dump the filter, get a better one, or find a way to tune the one you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:47 pm 

I had stopped posting for a while, because that damn "comment preventer" er "spam filter", the single most ridiculous and useless thing I have ever had the misfortune to encounter on the computer, was driving me crazy. Seriously, 2 out of 3 comments were rejected as spam, and that is being conservative.

I decided to check and see if they had gotten their heads out of their asses, only to find that they haven't. I tried posting this:

----

That entire wall of text, and I can't find a single valid point in all of it.

Regarding your assertion that "you have to prove you are innocent", this shows a complete misunderstanding of US law. I hope you are foreign. In the US, THEY have to prove that you are guilty, not the other way around. Well, unless you are accused of sexual crimes, then you are guilty until proven innocent. (Tongue in cheek, FYI)

You also say all that as if it is a foregone conclusion that it WAS in fact stolen. That isn't nearly so clear. Is it stealing to pick up something someone else dropped? What is the criteria for that? Surely, if I picked up a bubblegum wrapper you dropped, that isn't stealing. Is there a "value threshold" to determine theft vs "finders keepers"? How long would an item have to sit there to be determined abandoned property? See? It is hardly as clear cut as you seem to want make it out to be.

Think, it's one of your best weapons. Unless your brain is blunt.

----

As a reply on this article: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/p ... phone_leak

I have tried my best to figure out what in that comment could POSSIBLY be triggering that monkey-coded damn spam filter but I have utterly failed. Oh, and I do believe I just insulted monkeys as a species.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm 

Spider Monkey wrote:
Three whole posts?

Man you put a lot of effort into that before you quit bro.

This is the second time someone has looked at the "post count" and completely missed the fact that there's an entire different place to post.

Comments to news articles. Some of us don't frequent the forum, just post comments on articles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:54 pm 
Chief Surgeon
Chief Surgeon

Ok, I understand the issues with the website spam filter...

Enough is enough. Fire an e-mail to one of the ONLINE Editors, please. And now that the magazine has a new Editor-In-Chief, I'm sure that things will become more regular.

This thread is locked - please use the link!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2