Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Image Format on the main page
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Hey all,
I have an observation to make about the max pc homepage. When the images in the news items are PNG images, the scrolling gets super sluggish over that item. When the images are JPEG, the scrolling is liquid smooth with smooth scrolling enabled. I have tried browsing in the GPU accelerated firefox. It's still just as sluggish. I guess I am requesting that all images would be posted in JPEG format. It would make the browsing experience flawless on max pc. It's not that hard for a power user to convert an image to JPEG. I guess I ought to post my specs:
Q6600
4 gigs DDR2
GTX 260
Windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks,
Brendan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

But PNG is lossless compression! :wink:
TBH, I don't really care for smooth scrolling. I like it when it just scrolls down a set distance when I click the scroll wheel once. That's the only reason I'll never get a G9- the scroll wheel doesn't click.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I have a G9. It does click. It has a button on the bottom that lets you choose frictionless or clicky scrolling. I always leave it to clicky unless im working on huge documents or something like that. It is the best of both worlds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

vistageek wrote:
I have a G9. It does click. It has a button on the bottom that lets you choose frictionless or clicky scrolling. I always leave it to clicky unless im working on huge documents or something like that. It is the best of both worlds.

OH... huh, I didn't know that. My G9 experience was limited to messing with one at Micro Center, until I came across the frictionless scrolling, at which point I walked away in disgust. I still see nothing compelling enough to ditch my G5 for. :wink: