Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 card.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I'm interested in the Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 card. I've been watching them hoping the price might drop. They've been in and out of stock at NewEgg. Now they are showing as out of stock and as deactivated (may or may not be restocked). This is the case for both the regular one as well as the OC version. Does anyone know what's going on with this card? Is Sapphire discontinuing it?

Post subject: Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 card.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:41 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Card stock has been a running joke in other forums/pod/videocasts. It's a much more deeply rooted story than I would be very good at describing in a reply to a post...but they're spitting them out. The chips are only spit out so fast, and the chip maker (not designer) is catching up. nVidia is having this issue too and both have decided to stick with this chip maker so...hang tight?

Newegg isn't to blame. Not that it is blamed here; but when you can't add to wish list, pre-order, or be alerted and thus left with "deactivated"; that's when you know you're out of luck for a while (in geek hours). They simply can't see themselves getting stock anytime soon and toss that up because they're overloaded on demand and supply is loooow.
-------------------------
XFX (low ball version), VisionTek, and HIS all show stock. On Newegg currently. Why not them instead of Sapphire? Here...buy it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814129230