Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: graphics and hardware
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:09 am 

Hi there,here are my specs-FX8150 8core,gigabyte 99ofxa-ud3 mother board,crucial ballistix ddr3 16gb,power kingwin 1000w,2x xfx radeon R7770 ultra overclock,windows 7.The problem I am haveing is when I enable CROSSFIRE the fan on card 2 turns offand when you restart the fan turns back on but then after full boot up turns off again.Both cards are in pcie_16 slots,both cards have their own power cable. I have swapped cards from one slot to the other and the same thing happens.I have reinstalled the drivers 3 times and I have been e-mailing XFX on this problem.I have tried what XFX wanted me to try and the problem is still there.This has been going on for 8 days now,I have had a black screen that I have looked at for 10min. on a restart,I took the cable off from card 1 and put on card 2 and the screen came up.While on card 2 it tells me no drivers installed,It seems that when both cards are in the computer acts a little slower.When I do one card at time its fast 15sec. up and running done,when both cards are in 40sec. to 1min. If I unable CROSSFIRE both fans run,WINDOWS shows that both cards are working and thats looking at device manager.Im ready to put my gigabyte radeon hd6850 back in,Im in CROSSFIRE HELL at this point.Has anyone heard or seen anything like this at all Tony