Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Used Nvidia Quadro FX4800 and ATI Firepro
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am 

Hey guys,
Very new to this forum and am unsure if this is the right area to discuss this. If it isn't I'm sorry for displaying ultra noobage.
I recently bought an HP Z800 from a guy on craigslist for VERY cheap. He obviously did not know what he was selling. It has a Nvidia quadro FX4800 in it right now, and also came with an ATI Firepro v7750. It also has 2 Quad core Xeon w5580's @ 3.2 Ghz, 2 500GB Sata HDs and 6GB of DDR3.
I was wondering if I should just hold on to the pc itself and just sell the video cards, part it out, or sell it as a complete package. A buddy of mine told me that I could probably get 1000-1200 out of it on ebay, but I looked up the graphics cards and they go for about that by themselves.
I guess I'm wondering what my best option for this would be, and how much you guys think I should ask for it. Again, sorry if this isn't the correct place for this post. If I need to move it, please let me know to where i should move it. Thanks!

-Pete

Post subject: Re: Used Nvidia Quadro FX4800 and ATI Firepro
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:34 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

If you got it for cheap, it may be stolen and the party that sold it just wanted money for a fix. Is there any information on it as to who owned it, I would give them a call and let them know what happened. The only problem is if it is stolen, you won't get your money back.

Nasty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 pm 

I'm pretty sure it's not stolen. According to the person I bought it from, it was an evaluation unit at a doctors office for about 6 months. They didn't want it and for whatever reason the supplier gave it to the guy i bought it from, who is a software supplier of some sort. He seemed like a legit guy with a nice house and family, (I met him at his house and met his family and everything). As far as I know, the guy just didn't know exactly what he had.. Just to be safe though, how would i go about checking to see if it was stolen? and if it's not, which i'm pretty sure of, how much should i ask for? Thanks for the response, Nastyman.

-Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

I would price out the parts using todays prices...say at Newegg...then knock off 20% and sell it at that price either on E-Bay or Craig's List or to someone local that needs a work station. If sold over the net I would tell them they pay the freight.

As far as finding out if it is stolen or not I don't know what to tell you there. It sounded to good to be true that is why I asked.

Nasty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:57 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Well...it sure is one hell of a steal if that's what you mean :P