http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/06/ ... experience
For all those interested, read the link above, very good review. Now let me cover the basics.
1. SLI IS
needed to run 3 monitors
2. Those monitors must support the same resolution.
3. Nvidia has Bezel correction built into the drivers but may take some tweaking to get it just right
4. ONLY GTX2xx cards and the GTX4xx card support this with exception being the GTX295 as you WILL need to run Quad SLI in order to drive 3 Monitors(This is not the case for those with the original DUAL PCB GTX295 cards).
5. Tri-SLI is currently not supported but will be in a future update.
6. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvi ... river.html
link for beta driver with Surround and 3D Surround support
7. NO 8 or 9 series cards are planned for support of multi monitor gaming as of right now.
8. GTX4xx series card in SLI DESTROY ATI in multi-monitor gaming due to SLI scaling.
PS: Chumly, I believe FSX has or may have in the future 3D Surround support. But would require 120Hz monitors and the glasses from Nvidia.
Also of note for those interested, Nvidia has more games supported for 3d Surround in the driver I linked above than does ATI from 3D party 3D glass vendors.