Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Need to Increase Voltage to my Radeon 4890
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

ASUS has a program to tweak the voltage to their vid card and with a registry tweak, supposedly it would work with my card but it does not.

Has anyone had any success or know someone that have had success tweaking the voltage on their Radeon vid card????

Post subject: Re: Need to Increase Voltage to my Radeon 4890
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:13 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Why? So you can overclock your Radeon?

GeForce GTX 650 Ti's are like $150. And they perform a bit better. Save another $50-$100 and you can get something that'll just smoke it away.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:07 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Yeah, I think the problem is more wear 'n tear then an overclock issue. When my system was new almost 4 years ago, it did everything I wanted and then some with barely any overclock. I get horizontal lines in my tv screen every once in a while, a lot less now then when I tried to fix it. I'm due for a brand new build but can't afford it right now, parts I use for my builds end up between $1500-$2000 and my new build I shouldn't even have to overclock.

Believe it or not, it could be the HDMI cable. My vid card has 2 DVI ports so I need a converter to plug my pc into my tv (HDMI). Checked it out and it seemed awful loose fitting into the DVI to HDMI connector. Never had a problem before going back years so I am going to either dig up or buy a replacement HDMI cable and see.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I found out that the Catalyst program that tweaks my vid card is based on Microsoft's .Net Framework which, I never had installed. I blew out my 4 year old SSD and had to install Win 7 onto one of my slave drives, I have a new SSD coming in today's mail (hopefully). The .Net Framework is one of the things I had installed but forgot to install onto my new Win 7.

Since Catalyst says it is BASED on the .Net Framework I of course installed it last night and all last night I have noticed an improvement in quality and less frequency of the random lines in my TV's picture.