Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RDP/Outlook problem
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:52 pm 

My local Humane Society has a problem I am trying to help out with. They have a remote location that accesses their network via Remote Desktop Protocol. They are connecting to a Windows 2000 server that is dedicated to them. Since upgrading from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 they get a message that their Mapi32.dll file is corrupted or the wrong version whenever they try to get into Outlook to check their mail. The admin can log on remotely to their inbox just fine as long as she uses her admin account, but when she tries the user account to authenticate it bombs.. Replacing the .dll and reloading the program completely hasn't helped. Has anyone run across this problem? This is all the info I have on the setup. Sorry I can't give more detail like the OS on the clients, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:26 am 
Team Member
Team Member

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assis ... 81033.aspx

Maybe this will help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:13 am 

Fixmapi.exe didn't work, but thanks for the input. I am wondering if the server needs updated to the same version of the .dll file. I am going over this afternoon to see what I can find out about the problem. Maybe I can get more info on the set up of the workstations, etc. I think they are running xp pro at the the remote location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:26 pm 

Well, they finally called Microsoft Tech Support. I think it's about $245 for a tech issue, i.e. they work with you until it's fixed. As of today they have 4 hours on the phone and still no resolution to the problem. I don't feel nearly as ignorant now, since even the Microsoft techs are stumped by this one. Thanks for the help, but I'd say this thread is done.
Thanks again!