Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: print server
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:17 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I am in the process of expanding my network, and was thinking of adding the linksys 802.11g wireless print server. And was wondering if it degrades picture quality, because i deal with photos that are like 40MB in size, and the print server only has 3MB cache. And was also wondering if i would lose all-in-one printer functionality.

the two printers i have are the Canon i9900 and hp psc 750. Since i use the hp more should i just network that and connect the canon directly to a comp??

well TIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:16 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Not from anything more than network philosophy, it shouldn't lose anything at all just from being wireless. Wireless solutions are nothing more than wireless wires (that's how I have to keep rooted:p).

Even though it has a mere 3Mb or whatever, the print server doesn't have to DL the entire file, then send off the entire file...it should just pass on through to the printer's larger memory storage; hence the word "Cache" and not "Memory/RAM". Yes, cache is basically memory, but it holds information for even less time due to the design they decide to use.

And no, you shouldn't lose any of the all-in-one functionality. You should go around to all the PC's and install the software (or install it from the network) so that it's available throughout the network.