Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New HTC One, suddenly noticing router dropping wireless....
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:06 pm 

Recently got an HTC One and love the phone, but after firing it up on its wireless connection, I began noticing that my wireless network seems to be dropping its connection quite frequently. Now this is not a new occurrence, but in our iPhone 4, iPad 1, HTC Evo 4G, ROKU XS, and several other OLDER wireless products household (albeit all on wireless N), I never noticed the disconnects as much as I do on the brand new phone. I noticed the problems begin in earnest about four months ago and put them down to the usual crap-tastic service from Comcast, especially since we have had several full outages in recent months while they performed "service" in the area. I have a D-Link Gamerlounge DGL-4500 router and a Motorola Surfboard SB6120 modem. So, here is my question...can a new piece of equipment like an HTC One place such a significant increase in demand on a failing wireless portion of a router that it really shows up the problem? My router logs show that each time I try to use the One wirelessly, I get the following message: [INFO] Sat Jul 06 15:58:50 2013 Wireless system with MAC address XXXXXXX disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication. This is not the only time I get this message though. I get it as I just did, out of the blue as well. I have contacted Comcast, and they insist, as usual, that it is my router. In this case, they may be correct, since I do understand that the wireless portion of a router can go bad long before the wired portion. I did already order a new ASUS RT-AC66U router and a Zoom 5341J Modem, since it is probably time to do so based on the number of unmentioned wireless products that we use. But, can the new phone place such a load on the network? Hopefully, the new phone's wireless radio isn't defective too. Just my luck.

Post subject: Re: New HTC One, suddenly noticing router dropping wireless.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:40 am 

No advice from the networking gurus at all?

Post subject: Re: New HTC One, suddenly noticing router dropping wireless.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:34 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

My HTC One does the same thing.

Doesn't seem to bother things though...