Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Network drops cost
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:24 pm 

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right/best place to post this ... Sorry if it is not.

I need to run 8 Cat6 lines to 27 mutoas for a total of 216 lines through a drop ceiling terminating them at each end. The longest run is 120ft and the shortest 15ft with a 20-25ft coil at the end to allow room for relocating. I have to supply the hardware (mutoas and Cat6 wire). My question is how much do i charge for each drop ? Total cable length comes out to be around 32,000 ft.

Thank you
Brian

ps... I just had this all typed up and accidentally hit the ESC key and erased everything i typed. Ouch that hurts :( So i hope i didn't forget something.

Last edited by prelud91 on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Network drops cost
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm 
Million Club [PC]*
Million Club [PC]*

That's completely up to you.
You need to figure your materials cost ($/foot cable, jacks, wall plates & brackets (if needed), patch panel, staples) for each drop.
And, your hourly rate (labor to actually run the lines) is up to you, as is your best estimate as to how much time it'll take. You're looking at the building; we aren't.

I think your math is a little off, though - how'd you come up with 32 thousand feet of cable, for 8 drops, longest drop 145 feet? :shock: 8*145=1,160.

Chew on this one, if you will.
The last cable pull I did was $120. Roughly 250' across a school. $50/hour, took about 2 hours to plan it and do it.
(Drop ceilings help a lot, as does a steel roof (the beams are great for running cable along.) Also helps to have existing holes and ties to use.)
Materials, those I 'seat-of-the-pants' estimated at $20 (cable, jacks, and patch cables I already had on-hand.)

I'd highly recommend you bite the bullet, and just buy the spool (if you haven't already.) It's immensely easier to pay out cable from a 1000' Pull-Pack box, than it is to deal with loose cable.