Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I'm LOST HELP WebSite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:30 am 

I don't know where this should go or even if this is the write forum so I'm open to all ideas. I will very direct with what I need to do and I am unsure of what DATAbase to use.

I am trying to create a login page for customers on my web site. This will be the first page they will see. Two blank boxes then a spot for USR: PWD:.

This will then need to proceed to very basic HTML framed website where it will launch custom applications for each customer and their needs.

This should also have a control panel where they can modify their info such as address, phone, etc.

So basically after they login I will have a simple page with applications on their left side frame they will be able to launch and I want a heading above for a control panel options.

I was thinking SQL or Access (SQL Better with linux) to keep all the customer settings and account info. So After they type the login pass it would retrieve their info from the SQL database ( i would hope) and then somehow register the information to the webpage that will open after they login. I don't know all the bells and whistles but I am trying to be brief also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:47 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Probably should have been in the Programs Paradise folder.

Next why would you have the login in as teh first page of the site? I mean how do they create an account? How will you get new customers if they have to login first thing? Not really a site I would stick around at.

Ok as to the type of DB to use MySQL is free and if your host is running Linux then they will most likey have PHP and MySQL installed, USE IT!!!

I would suggest searching some sites like hotscriptsor php freaks. The login I have will not meet want you want, otherwise I would pass the code to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:34 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

i agree with xman, use linux, apache, mysql, perl (or php).

Not sure what you mean by "applications".

if you don't know how to code, then you might want to contract this work out to someone who can do it.

If it is an important job, I do not recommend using canned scripts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:59 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

What your looking for is a script called Password Pro. Click on access the protected area, then put password in the prompt, hit ok, then your brought to the password Pro instructions. It was a little confusing to me when I 1st did it, but I did get it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:05 am 

I didn't want to go to technical into what I'm doing because some of it is confidential.

It is going to be a private server address the customers get after they sign up etc, etc. www.linkednetworks.com is where all the information will be and the sign up etc.

Then I will provide a sub-domain for the customers to log in to.

Just for an example.

wifi.linkednetworks.com First Page -> Login: User: Password:
Then goes through a secure gateway and retrieves MySQL info from Local Linux Box. User and Password will be associated with MySQL database then retrieve info from ./usr/xxx directory or at least that's my objective.

Then publishes to a PHP page of customers Info.
There they will be able to access the programs installed in their ./usr/xxx
directory via the Generated PHP page (How does that Magic Work?). For example, lets take a Network Monitoring Utility they want to access via web and have completley configurable options and edit it w/o the hassles of Linux/MySQL of programming. Lets say I want to also add the options of billing software etc... I think you will see where I'm going with this.

Thanks for the info so far.
I need more if possible. Linux/BSD NOOB here. Willing to learn though.

Thanks
Eric Hilden
www.linkednetworks.com