Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Problem With Sharing Media Over Network
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

When I had my pc running Win7 and my father still does have Win7 running on his laptop, we had a network setup and he was able to watch all the media I had downloaded on my computer at any time.

I reformatted, had to put on Windows Vista first, do all the upgrades and then upgrade to Win7. My C drive is an SSD and I think there is like, something small enough with it to mess up my OS cause it won't take every upgrade and it won't upgrade to Win7. Vista works fine and I'm stuck with just that now til I get an new SSD.

Anyway I'm running Vista, he's with Win7. I'm hardwired to the router and he is on it wirelessly. I did everything the same way I did before to set us up and he sees my folders on his laptop but can't access them.

Network Sharing Center comes up and I select "Show all shared network folders on this comptuer" and all the right folders come up I want him to have access to.

Then I select "Show all the files and folders I am sharing on this computer" and nothing comes up. What could cause that difference??