Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Xbox 360 Connection
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Easy way to connect an Xbox 360 to a wireless N Network? Right now i'm using my laptop with bridged connections, but i'd like a dedicated access point, and I dont want to drop $100 on the microsoft adapter.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:46 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

If you want to use the N abilities the xbox 360 adapter is probably the best way to go. You could try the TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless-N Travel Router Kit TEW-654TR. It's about $55 at amazon. Or the TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA for $49.16. I haven't used the above products so I can't say how well they perform. I've used similar items for g networks and they worked just fine. You can also do something similar with a different stand alone wireless router, but you may need to upgrade it's firmware to something like DD-WRT to do it (depending on what the manf OS could do).

Also depending on what security method you have turned on it will affect the max speeds you can get on N anyway. For top speeds with N you need to be using AES, any others and your running at G speeds anyway.

Are you wanting to connect other devices also? If not I would just buy the $89 offical n adapter from Microsoft. Less cables and clutter, and it will work out of the box (once setup inside xbox done).