Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Favorite Mozilla / Firefox extensions
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:13 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

What are your favorite Mozilla & Firefox extensions? Lately, I've been using Firefox - so I'll share my favs for it. You can find extensions for Firefox here. Also, if you have a favorite theme- let us know. Personally, I like the default.

My favorite is the BBCode extension, which works great on this forum. Everyone should have the ShellBlock extension! Fixes a security hole in .91 and earlier versions.

I just started using ImageZoom and Adblock. I'll have to get back to you on those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:28 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Where did everyone go?! Anyways, the other two extensions work well. I can't be the only person using extensions? They're so easy to install. Just click on the link and restart the browser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:28 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Adblock is a great extension! Even though I use the others more, I'd still have to say it's my favorite.

I also like:
  • Firesomething
  • Statusbar clock (so i can ditch the one in the taskbar)
  • TinyURL
  • Allow rightclick
  • and the simple little "go home". (Anything to make my browser a little cleaner is great to me!)

I like the BBCode, but am still getting use to it. I still find myself typing the code out.

I still can't belive more people aren't using Firefox! I've been back and forth between the fox and IE due to little nags, but now I think they've got it ironed out enough for me to totally convert. It's just so useful to have the browser work FOR you and not the otherway around. IE's security issues aside, it's better on so many levels. And it's still beta, I can only think that v1.0 will be even more awesome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:42 pm 

I'm a big fan of that adblock and firesomething. I've been trying to use more of them and figure out what they do. I'll have to try that staus bar clock and allow right click!!!

~War

Post subject: Re: Favorite Mozilla / Firefox extensions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:20 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Gadget wrote:
What are your favorite Mozilla & Firefox extensions? Lately, I've been using Firefox - so I'll share my favs for it. You can find extensions for Firefox here. Also, if you have a favorite theme- let us know. Personally, I like the default.

My favorite is the BBCode extension, which works great on this forum. Everyone should have the ShellBlock extension! Fixes a security hole in .91 and earlier versions.

I just started using ImageZoom and Adblock. I'll have to get back to you on those.

Super DragAndGo
All-in-One Gestures
IEView
Tabbrowser Extensions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:30 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Chumly wrote:
Adblock is a great extension! Even though I use the others more, I'd still have to say it's my favorite.

I also like:
  • Firesomething
  • Statusbar clock (so i can ditch the one in the taskbar)
  • TinyURL
  • Allow rightclick
  • and the simple little "go home". (Anything to make my browser a little cleaner is great to me!)
I like the BBCode, but am still getting use to it. I still find myself typing the code out.

I still can't belive more people aren't using Firefox! I've been back and forth between the fox and IE due to little nags, but now I think they've got it ironed out enough for me to totally convert. It's just so useful to have the browser work FOR you and not the otherway around. IE's security issues aside, it's better on so many levels. And it's still beta, I can only think that v1.0 will be even more awesome :D

Regarding the BBCode extension.... 90% of the time you just highlight the text and right click then select bold, color, italics, etc. With a url, you ctrl-c the actual url then highlight the word then select url - make selection (? not at home right now). Works great.