Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Internet TV Website Recommendations
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:37 pm 

Hello,

I recently cancelled my cable and home phone due to lack of use. With the upcoming football season around the corner, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of a good website(s) that streams live TV so that I could watch some of the games (ESPN, FOX, CBS, etc.). Most of what I have found requires you to "sign up" or "install our software". I find these providers to be somewhat shady and full of spam/spyware. So if you have any suggestions on a reliable website that streams live TV, I'd like to hear them. If there is in fact a decent free software package (TVants?) that would do the same thing, I'd be open to that too. Thanks in advance. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:18 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

I've streamed some games using p2p.eu, but they only host links you'll need to download the relevant programs to stream, although you can Windows Media Player for a lot of the streams. Sopcast also tend to work okay.

Just be aware the quality will suck compared to live TV, but it's a decent way to catch games when your favorite team isn't being shown in the local market.

You may also be able to get ESPN360 depending on your ISP, but they don't show many major market games, but it's great for small market college or non-revenue sports.