Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help! Proxy issues........
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

My daughter works at a small charity all girls day care and is having problems with proxy sites. I'm not that informed on the subject. Here is what she is asking me to help her with.

"I was wondering if you could help me find a free way to blanket-block proxy sites so that students who use the computers can't just use a proxy to get around the site blockers we use to keep them from going places on the internet they shouldn't go. I can specifically block proxy sites I know they use, but it won't be long at all before one of them is googling for a different proxy site, and the internet offers hundreds. I can't manually block them all. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I would really appreciate it."

I found this: http://www.opendns.com/ I don't know if this is what she needs or not. Any assistance from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:26 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Using OpenDNS would work for you. Also some routers come with a built in option that you can enable or disable that would block Proxy/Anonymizer. I would suggest giving OpenDNS a try, I have used it in the past with success. But just keep in mind that even expensive commercial solutions such as my companies Websense will not block them all.