Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help! Can't see certain internet buttons
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am 

I'm trying to help a friend with his computer.

We are members of an internet forum and when viewing the forum pages, there are buttons you can push to "quote," "reply," "edit" or "report a message" etc. at the bottom of each post.

I can see the buttons and use them as intended. My friend sees no buttons on his page.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 with AdBlock Plus and everything works fine.
He uses Firefox (version unknown) and AdBlock but can't see the buttons.

To see if it was an AdBlock setting causing the problem, I suggested to him:

Quote:
While signed in to the forums, disable adblock and refresh the page. You can disable adblock by "right-clicking" on the adblock icon and un-checking the "Enable Adblock Plus" option at the bottom of the menu. Then press F5 to refresh the page.

If you still don't have your buttons, it isn't adblock (be sure to re-enable it the same way you turned it off.)

Was that a valid suggestion? As it turns out, he said it didn't work. He responded with:

Quote:
Tried all that and nothing. Then logged in on IE and there are no little icons there but if I hunt around with my mouse arrow it will turn into the link finger and the mouse caption will read whatever button I am over (report, quote, edit etc.). That does not happen with FFox by the way. I use Quero as an ad block for IE and I had to turn that off to get the invisible edit buttons.

So as the problem is with both IE and FF, using two different blocking softwares (though I've never heard of Quero) he has the same problem.
True, turning off Quero allowed his mouse-over to display the "link finger" with IE, but he still cannot see the buttons nor the link finger with FFox.

What else is there that is common to both browsers that would hinder him from seeing those buttons? Sounds like there's a setting awry somewhere but I don't know what to tell him to check.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!