Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: get around FortiGuard
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:00 pm 

Does anyone have any idea of a way to get around FortiGuard? I've tried using Tor with over a dozen different bridges, but it can't make an encrypted directory connection. I've looked for hidden services but haven't had any luck. If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it a lot. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

FortiGuard is one of FortiNet's premium subscription products, not something the typical home user would have.

So is this the firewall used by the company you work for? and if so why not ask your IT department for access rather then try to break a hole in their security package?

Perhaps you don't have access for a reason.....?

Post subject: I'm a student in high school
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:30 pm 

I know that I should be paying attention in class, and I do (I have a 4.0 GPA). I don't have Internet at home (my parents hate it) and our school has fiberoptic service. When I first get to class I usually start a really big download (this is in a computer class) and let it finish while I'm working on the assignment.

But our IT admin has been blocking more and more sites with downloads and I am getting desperate. Our local library has Internet, but the computers are SLOW beyond describable.

I depend on our school to get most of the programs that I use at home, and I don't know what I will do if I can't get the updates to them (I only go to our local library once a week, if at all).

So any help would REALLY be appreciated, until I convince my parents to get the Internet. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:17 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Sorry man..no one here is going to help you bypass securities.

As a suggestion, I would probably recommend getting my own service in one way shape or form, be it broadband, dialup, Verizon or AT&T wireless, or spend $2 at the local coffee shop and use their wireless when you need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 pm 

If you pick up one of T-Mobile's 3G USB based cellular modems, you can use their hotspots for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:08 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

You can get yourself ATT @ 768Kbs for $10 a month, but there are some restrictions.

Post subject: Re: I'm a student in high school
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:57 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

fdwhacker wrote:
I know that I should be paying attention in class, and I do (I have a 4.0 GPA). I don't have Internet at home (my parents hate it) and our school has fiberoptic service. When I first get to class I usually start a really big download (this is in a computer class) and let it finish while I'm working on the assignment.

But our IT admin has been blocking more and more sites with downloads and I am getting desperate. Our local library has Internet, but the computers are SLOW beyond describable.

I depend on our school to get most of the programs that I use at home, and I don't know what I will do if I can't get the updates to them (I only go to our local library once a week, if at all).

So any help would REALLY be appreciated, until I convince my parents to get the Internet. :lol:

I'm locking this thread.

If you ask how to contravene security measures put in place on someone else's network again, I'll ban your account.

I'd say that you should know better but your pitiful 'explanation' leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]