Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Spam at all time low after server goes offline.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Check it out.

Quote:
Two weeks since web hosting provider McColo - the alleged host to some of the most heinous criminals on the Internet - went offline, analytics firms across the web have found that global volume of spam has dropped by up to 75 percent and is staying low.

I have noticed I'm only getting 10 spam messages a day over the last few days in my Gmail Spam folder. Usually get 40+.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

I still don't understand how you get so many spam messages a day. I've had my gmail account for 3 years now, and do not get any spam. At all. How do I do it? I have no freaking idea. I'm signed up on so many forums with this email account it makes my head spin. I enter free contests and all kinds of stuff. Hell, even my hotmail account doesn't get any spam, and I've had that for 4 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Yeah, I have a Gmail account I don't give out except to a very few people. It isn't one I've registered at any forum or contest with. I don't get any spam with that address because the Spam suckers won't even guess what it is.

If you really want spam free email, make a new account and use a period in the account name. Even the Spambots that guess the addresses rarely pick up on those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:20 pm 

yahoo, msn, gmail, all, make money on how much there service is being used. spam will never stop, everytime a email is received spam or not it is accounted for. just like how many people open a site like maximumpc.com. these companies would never let spam cease to exist. this goes the same for game hacks, punkerbuster would go out of business if there were no hacks out there and u think they would like that. i would go out and hire some hacks and give out my code or make it look like a hack got into my scrips just to keep the money rolling in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Naw-yi wrote:
yahoo, msn, gmail, all, make money on how much there service is being used. spam will never stop, everytime a email is received spam or not it is accounted for. just like how many people open a site like maximumpc.com. these companies would never let spam cease to exist. this goes the same for game hacks, punkerbuster would go out of business if there were no hacks out there and u think they would like that. i would go out and hire some hacks and give out my code or make it look like a hack got into my scrips just to keep the money rolling in.

Thanks for overstating the obvious in a thread more than 90 days old. :shock:

And since you didn't read the original, it wasn't about all spam going away. It was about a reduction in the spammers capabilities for a short period of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:52 pm 

Quakindude wrote:
Naw-yi wrote:

And since you didn't read the original, it wasn't about all spam going away. It was about a reduction in the spammers capabilities for a short period of time.

are u always a dick, seems like all your posts your rude or condisending, im just postn a reply why are u wasting everyones time making crap postresponces? are u a kid or something? grow up... and yes i read the article, and chose to go a different way with it, oh u didnt figure that out.

and this is the 1st time ive read it, i have a life, get 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 pm 

i see here u also replied to a thread after a 2 month time period so dont go ruling when u dont follow the rules.

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=60

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Death to the zombie thread!
And to the one who raised it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:34 am 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Naw-yi wrote:
Quakindude wrote:
Naw-yi wrote:

are u always a dick, seems like all your posts your rude or condisending, im just postn a reply why are u wasting everyones time making crap postresponces? are u a kid or something? grow up... and yes i read the article, and chose to go a different way with it, oh u didnt figure that out.

First off, our rules state not to post to threads more than 30 days old. And just to let you know, we typically won't really enforce that rule AS LONG AS the additional posts that revive an old thread actually contribute to the original content of the thread.

Secondly, in light of what I've just said, your post did not contribute in any way to the original content of the thread because you misread the original post and replied with a post that's not only quite confusing, but also slightly mis-informed/not very thorough.

Thirdly, when you "Chose to go a different way with it" in the future, make your own friggin thread.

Fourth, and finally, no, I am not a kid. I can, however, be somewhat abrupt in some of my posts which may seem like condescension to people like you who do not "know" my personality on these forums. Since you obviously don't take much time around here, I'll also remind you that our rules also state to not harass the forum staff moderators. Since you don't spend much time here and you don't know the rules very well, I'll ask that you review the rules once again and not go calling moderators "dicks" simply because you don't approve of the method by which you've been corrected. Had you of followed the rules in the first place, you wouldn't have opened yourself to my comments. Have a nice day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:32 am 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Naw-yi wrote:
i see here u also replied to a thread after a 2 month time period so dont go ruling when u dont follow the rules.

http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=60

No he didn't.

Another member simply quoted one of his posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:40 am 
B& Hammer - Cleans Forums Good

Naw-yi wrote:
Quakindude wrote:
Naw-yi wrote:

are u always a dick.

Yeah, he is for the most part (although sometimes he seems like just a regular person). We have like 3 with high post counts that always feel the need to troll threads looking for things to respond to in often rude, crass, uncaring and condescending ways just for no other reason than to seemingly have to flex their muscles via the internet. But I guess once your post count gets so high you run out of things to say and resort to being a jerk to keep it up there.

Quakindude wrote:
Naw-yi wrote:
Quakindude wrote:
Naw-yi wrote:

First off, our rules state not to post to threads more than 30 days old. And just to let you know, we typically won't really enforce that rule AS LONG AS the additional posts that revive an old thread actually contribute to the original content of the thread.

Secondly, in light of what I've just said, your post did not contribute in any way to the original content of the thread because you misread the original post and replied with a post that's not only quite confusing, but also slightly mis-informed/not very thorough.

Thirdly, when you "Chose to go a different way with it" in the future, make your own friggin thread.

Fourth, and finally, no, I am not a kid. I can, however, be somewhat abrupt in some of my posts which may seem like condescension to people like you who do not "know" my personality on these forums. Since you obviously don't take much time around here, I'll also remind you that our rules also state to not harass the forum staff moderators. Since you don't spend much time here and you don't know the rules very well, I'll ask that you review the rules once again and not go calling moderators "dicks" simply because you don't approve of the method by which you've been corrected. Had you of followed the rules in the first place, you wouldn't have opened yourself to my comments. Have a nice day.

1- Yeah if he just made a new thread then you or someone else would have just come in and "dude use the search feature, we already have a thread on it" and then link it with the rolling eyes smiley face after it. Besides, rule or not its stupid. Nothing wrong with posting in a old thread, besides who is really gonna break out a calendar and figure out exactly how long it has been? And not everyone is seeing the threads when they are made, maybe they dont visit very often or are new. What do you want them to say "well this thread is 1 day past my required response time limit so I will just copy and paste it all and make my own thread.

2- I understood what he said and your grasping at straws. It was still related to the topic. Besides honestly every damn day multiple times I see people going way off topic on threads to the point of the OP talking about a car and later someone saying a chic is hot. Shouldnt you be cracking down on every single infraction there my forum nazi officer?

3- See response to part 2.

4- Well you do know how hard it is to convey what your saying or mean via simply just text right? And besides, its not like every single person on this forum are best butt buddies with you and know you in real life and can read into everything you say. If you know how you come across to people then maybe you should consider a different tactic like something friendlier instead of a standoffish angst kid just dying to find someone who can talk down from behind the safety of his pc.

But just like grandma always said.............

Last edited by Gargus on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:43 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Gargus i would really recommend that you stop bashing the mods and admins with high post count,second Quakindude has a very good point and you should read the rules before posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 am 

killerxx7 wrote:
Gargus i would really recommend that you stop bashing the mods and admins with high post count,second Quakindude has a very good point and you should read the rules before posting!

I only talk out to people who deserve it regardless of who they are. Being a mod or admin should actually mean they are held to a higher standard and should be the ones who actually try and not sound condescending or rude and if they are resolve it vs just acting like the cock of the walk.

But Ive said my peace so Im done here, unlike most I would rather say what I want and call it quits vs trying to make it a argument and just re-tread my ground when it comes to forums and internet discussions. The net would be alot better if others could do that instead of hanging on like a dog with bone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 pm 
SON OF A GUN
SON OF A GUN

Naw-yi wrote:

Dude, L-2-English, please. Reading your post was painful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Gargus has left the building...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

More like he "accidentally" fell of the window!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:32 pm 
Million Club 2+ [PC]*
Million Club 2+ [PC]*

Satchboy wrote:

Isn't it so cool to have your very own stalker? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:53 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Satchboy wrote:

Damn it .. I was just warming up my banhammer.

There are few things that annoy me as much as the sense of entitlement that he carries around like a neon sign that blinds you with idiocy.