Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Where to start?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 am 
Monkey Fed [PC]
Monkey Fed [PC]

Our small company has grown tired of the games our current website designer is playing. We have a .biz web page. However, I'm not sure if it's tied to this host or not (probably is).

They recently put me on salary, which means even in the slow times I have a lot to do. They want me to (possibly) finish designing the webpage and get something on the internet so we can submit to search engines. I'm guessing that once we drop the current designer, our hosting goes out the window as well. That means I'll need a new host.

POP email is a must. 250 GB + web storage is a must as well, since we focus on construction and will have many before and after pictures. We want to start with something basic for now, maybe just a few pages deep.

Question is, this monkey has never done this before and needs to know where to start. I've heard some good things about 1&1, but other than that am rather clueless. Just some links to some good info would be helpful as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:41 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Well, first of all congratulations!
Second of all - If you need POP, then use Google Apps Free Edition. I use it for my site, and it is really good.

For web hosting, Host Gator, it looks really good, and the plans are really cheap. Even for the $5 one, you get Unlimited Bandwith and Storage, and it still has good reviews.

What kind of web site is this?

-Budgetperson