Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Public_HTML Director
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:16 am 

Okay, there is a site I'm trying to get to at tfforums.com
Whenever I go to the page, I get this message:

Welcome to the home of tfforums.com
To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory

I don't know how to do this. I looked on google and it appears this directory is for your own websites, but this isn't my website. It is a site that my dad goes on (I'm 16 and still live with him), some people might know what it is.

Please tell me how to do this, my dad doesn't know how he got to the site, so he couldn't help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

YOU don't do this. It's a crappy site. The person or group that coded it sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:28 am 

But, my dad goes on the site all the time and it isn't crappy.
It is very informative and has a good layout. Maybe I have the wrong site. I guess I better go double check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:29 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

You see exactly what I see. Something I can't use. You didn't have to upload anything to come here did you? 8)

Googling doesn't help either. I see riffraff, not some knowledgebase of great minds:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/TT_Forums/ar/t19.htm

Last edited by Chumly on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:33 am 

Well, I've been on the site before, but it was by using my family's comp. The site was bookmarked, so I never had to type it in.
Now I got a laptop, where I have to type in the site first before I bookmark it, so I might have gotten the wrong site. I'll have to check later.
My dad was just on the site today, so I'm sure it isn't a programming error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:36 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Then we'll send you to the Internet section to help you decode some other persons idea of programming a site that you can just run into and look at. I find it a programming error because you can't do just that. It's based off a building block type noob standard, and it's not been book-ended. That someone else can get onto it is not a good answer as to why you can't, and some random person (me) can't either. It's either bad, or left for dead. That we still see that page is how IP look up's work.

The site doesn't have a period on it.

And this isn't Transport Tycoons, is it? If it is, put a dash in it and make it a net, not COMpany.
http://www.tt-forums.net/
Small corner room places like that move, adjust, and change. If that's the place, you may just see others getting on by a correct re-direct. Again, basic coding which no longer takes place due to some time stamp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:44 am 

Argh....I can't remember the site.
My dad is at work, so I can't check the bookmarked one because I don't know the password to his account.
I just remember the site design. It is all just a big huge forum with sub-forums and threads. It is a deep purple, with black also.
You can quote people in replies. Some of the forums are music and non-windows.
If anyone recognizes the site from this brief description, please tell me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:49 am 

Chumly wrote:
And this isn't Transport Tycoons, is it? If it is, put a dash in it and make it a net, not COMpany.
http://www.tt-forums.net/
Small corner room places like that move, adjust, and change. If that's the place, you may just see others getting on by a correct re-direct. Again, basic coding which no longer takes place due to some time stamp.

No, it isn't that site. MY site either has TT or TF in the name.

Also, to add to my description, my site has a bar on the left that when you hover over it, a menu will show up listing every single forum on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:09 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Sounds like here, but we're orange now.

We'll get this in a place that I hope can help. Could you then include what they discussed? Cars, women, some game, carpet patterns...something other than "black background" because that's a lot of forums. I know I'm wrong, pretty much at least, but I put that url in my address bar and that's what I get: A crappy site. If it's by membership only, perhaps it's waiting on that call with that blank page or something.

But side searching may be in order for others to help. And a basic description of what the forum talks about is very useful. Someone may pop in and say "oh ya, we moved..." or just may know what you're talking about. But to not just run to a site and view, is very odd.

My mind is ravaging over what a forum could be about with "TT" as the beginning...and it's getting ugly. "Tits and Turtles" is the last thought process, and I want in!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:21 am 

Yeah, it is a lot like here. But, it isn't dedicated to PCs and it isn't anything else except for a forum.
So, it is purple and black. It discusses nearly anything. They have a music thread, and they do have technology threads, they have a 'help desk', and more. There are too many forums to say because that is all the site is....a forum.
And yeah, I put the url in my bar and got the same thing that you took a snapshot of. That's why I'm confused because my dad was on today, so the only explanation is that I got the wrong URL.
You don't need a membership to view the forums, but if you want to post, you have to register. And, if you try getting to a page that you have to be registerd/logged in to view, a notice will appear telling you to log on, unlike what happens by visiting the URL. And, once again, along the left side of every page in the site, there is a menu that, when hovered, will expand listing a link to all forums on the site.
I've been searching all day for the site, I even searched my dad's username. But it turns out his username is the same as one of his favorite bands, so I got band results instead.
But hey, just because I'm a teenager, it doesn't mean that 'TT' has to be perverted (not that I have anything against TTs wink wink)

PS-I want you to see these pictures. They are pretty cool.
http://wallpapers.diq.ru/wallpapers/30/ ... _Theme.jpg

http://wallpapers.diq.ru/wallpapers/30/ ... _Theme.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:59 am 

DeadWing wrote:
I even searched my dad's username. But it turns out his username is the same as one of his favorite bands, so I got band results instead.

what's his username ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Do NOT bump threads that have been lying dead for 4 months.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]