Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Whats DSL's website?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:44 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:55 pm
Posts: 3886
Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
sad question...sorry about it. i cant seem to find the official one. i need to know! i need the 15mb 2mb one! or 5mb 2mb one! i found so many site! its just a quick answer and im outta here


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:52 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:41 am
Posts: 9316
http://www.dsl.com/ ?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:46 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:55 pm
Posts: 3886
Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
it doesnt look like it...they have a lot of sites that check ur number, but some I wrong...i think its this site: here


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Whats DSL's website?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:09 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:32 pm
Posts: 1828
Location: Honolulu
DrSatan wrote:
sad question...sorry about it. i cant seem to find the official one. i need to know! i need the 15mb 2mb one! or 5mb 2mb one! i found so many site! its just a quick answer and im outta here


This is the website to the Verizon Fios 15/2mb service : http://www22.verizon.com/fiosforhome/ch ... ackage.asp


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:39 am 
8086
8086

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 21
DSL is a technology offered by many providers, not a provider itself, so there isn't really a DSL website. You can find definitions of DSL and how it works here and here respectively. If you currently have DSL service with a provider and you want 15MB/2MB (ADSL2), then you'd need to contact your provider and ask them if that service is available in your area. If they don't have ADSL2 equipment in your area, you won't be able to get it from that provider, and may need to shop around for a different provider.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:03 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 637
Location: MA
...and even if your provider DOES have the infrastructure for the higher-speed DLS services qualification will depend on your distance from the CO (Central Office).

good luck...and I hope you qualify...I don't :(


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:14 am 
8086
8086

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 21
HoOdY wrote:
...and even if your provider DOES have the infrastructure for the higher-speed DLS services qualification will depend on your distance from the CO (Central Office).

good luck...and I hope you qualify...I don't :(


When I moved a few months ago I ensured that all the places I looked at were near a CO my provider had a presence in. I'm about 2900 feet from the CO, getting 10mbit down and 1mbit up. Rarr!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:56 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 637
Location: MA
Jester wrote:
HoOdY wrote:
...and even if your provider DOES have the infrastructure for the higher-speed DLS services qualification will depend on your distance from the CO (Central Office).

good luck...and I hope you qualify...I don't :(


When I moved a few months ago I ensured that all the places I looked at were near a CO my provider had a presence in. I'm about 2900 feet from the CO, getting 10mbit down and 1mbit up. Rarr!


/me jealous


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Whats DSL's website?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:05 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:27 pm
Posts: 1115
Location: Binghamton University
DrSatan wrote:
sad question...sorry about it. i cant seem to find the official one. i need to know! i need the 15mb 2mb one! or 5mb 2mb one! i found so many site! its just a quick answer and im outta here


do you mean http://www.broadbandreports.com/?

it used to be called dslreports.com


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group