Thanks for your response. I posted my question on Toms Hardware as well and a poster there new exactly what to look for.
That thread can be found here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/42112 ... et#t151560
If anyone is curious or has a similar problem. It turned out that my upstream was way to high, we found this out my accessing my modem through my internet browser. He said this could be caused by running the cable line through too man splitters.
Well it turned out it wasn't the splitters but the cable jack that is in the wall itself. Just to test it out I disconnected the cable that went into the wall jack and connected the modem directly into the splitter inside the breaker box. When I did that my upstream db's went down 9db instantly. Since I have done that I have had no problems.
The ISP service guy came over today, and I explained to him what I had done, showing him the old readings in the modem before I bypassed the wall jack and then showing him the new readings. He double checked them on his laptop as well. He did say that the first readings were way too high for upstream.
He really didn't have any more ideas as to what it could be, he admitted that they were out of ideas as well. I'm not blaming anyone, especially if the problem is with my own jack inside my wall. He did test the jack and his equipment said it looked OK, but he did say it can not always see everything.
Anyway, that is my story, My connection has only been stable for about 19 hours now, so it might be too early to celebrate, but if it goes down after this it's gone.
They are the only cable provider in town, so I'd have to switch to DSL, which makes me sad, but I would rather have a stable connection.