Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Internet Usage Monitoring Software
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:34 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Apologies if this is the wrong forum...

I was asked to evaluate a few software options for monitoring employee internet/website/program usage at work. I have searched around Google but there's far too many programs out there to know which ones I should even begin to look at.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as this software goes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Internet Usage Monitoring Software
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

This is the correct forum for internet / web usage monitoring.

If you want software that tracks application use on the PC, you might want to post in the Windows Parlor as well. This would be the kind of software that ensures your employees are running Word and VisualStudio rather than Quake and Civ4.

I've no actually suggestions for you, though. Sorry!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:16 am 

I know you're asking for a software solution, but depending on your network you may be able to use your hardware (firewall) to monitor the usage. I have SonicWalls installed at each of our sites and am able, by just a few clicks, to see all the information you are requesting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

St. Bernard/iPrism bro.

http://www.stbernard.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm 

To what extent would you want to monitor your employees?

In our case, we use a time tracking software at work. This software is installed in every employee's PC. It will track the accurate time you've worked, the tasks you will do and even the sites you will visit.

The manager then has all the data he needs to review everything. Not sure if this is what you really need but I think that's basically what we all need at work especially if everyone is working on the computer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:58 am 

I have searched around Google but there's far too many programs out there to know which ones I should even begin to look at I can't find more software which is used to internet monitoring software so please sugges me.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:12 am 

jey18 wrote:
Apologies if this is the wrong forum...

I was asked to evaluate a few software options for monitoring employee internet/website/program usage at work. I have searched around Google but there's far too many programs out there to know which ones I should even begin to look at.

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as this software goes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I, personally, recommend the software called My Team Monitor. It is very easy to use, and it is also free, so you can try it without any risk. It has a basic version that the employee knows about and each of them can turn it on and off at the beginning and end of their shifts; and it has a stealth version that you have to install onto their computers and it runs without any sign of its presence on the computers, so the employee won't know it is there. Both of the versions record screenshots of each employee's computers every 5 minutes, and the number of keystrokes and mouse clicks they make at particular times. It is simple, yet effective, because you know exactly what they were doing and when, and it is all recorded, so you can go back and analyze their activities. If you google 'myteammonitor' you'll find their website in the top results - the url only has the words 'myteammonitor' in it and dotcom at the end.