Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Blocking Facebook logins (except one)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:41 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

My mom owns a small business and she has her own facebook page for the business. Employees have access to a computer at work and they login into their own facebook accounts. My mom wants the employees to be able to login into the facebook page for the business, but she doesn't want employees to be able to log into their own accounts. Is there any way to set this up?

Post subject: Re: Blocking Facebook logins (except one)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

merrygoround wrote:
My mom owns a small business and she has her own facebook page for the business. Employees have access to a computer at work and they login into their own facebook accounts. My mom wants the employees to be able to login into the facebook page for the business, but she doesn't want employees to be able to log into their own accounts. Is there any way to set this up?

Yes, you add a section to the employee handbook that covers the acceptable uses for Facebook, and then you fire the fucks that can't follow the rules.

Really quite simple.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:53 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

That works for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:11 pm 

Spider Monkey wrote:
Yes, you add a section to the employee handbook that covers the acceptable uses for Facebook, and then you fire the fucks that can't follow the rules.

Really quite simple.

I agree too, we cannot deny that in a workplace there are some employees who are lazy and uses working hours on their personal activities. Employers don't pay employees salary for being unproductive. The best way to prevent this is to make some management policies.

Like in our company the employees spend most of their time in front of the computer working. The company also uses an employee monitoring software that helps manage employees for what they do during working hours for it monitor all computer activities of the employee. Our company don't even block social networking sites like facebook because employees are just responsible enough on their work priorities. It is also allowed to visit facebook, email and other unrelated to work activities but only during break time. This way employees can get inspire and motivated to help them boost productivity.

It is not bad or wrong to visit social networking sites but employees should be responsible for their work and should follow management rules and policy.