Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Google Plus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I don't know how many of you have been able to try Google's new social network, but my early evaluation is that it will run over Facebook by mid-2012, I have not used all of the features but from what i have seen is way beyond Facebook.

* Seamless integration with gmail, you tube, and of course Google search.

* Circles are way cooler than just having friends and you can limit what certain people see.

* photos are uploaded quickly and I can finally say that for once there was no unnecessary wait time.

* Sharing is handled by the "Stream" which is like a 'wall' on steroids giving you a whole host of posting options, and the ability to actually edit your post. Been having trouble with someone ? You can just block them from commenting, are you mad and want to make a statement ?? How about just disabling all comments ?

* "Sparks" is Google's way of allowing you to find things that interest you, and it works very, very well.

* Google has also finally found a way for people to share the websites they have come across and enjoy by adding it's '+1' system. Which means if I search for Maximum PC in Google and click the little '+1' icon it will show on my profiles '+1' section. but the '+1' system goes well beyond this, it's basically Google's 'like' button.

* A menu at the top of the page is a welcome feature, it lets you access a plethora of information and apps. Your own, Google's and or even from the whole web.

My final thoughts are that I truly enjoyed my experience on a social network for the first time in a very long time.

A note: As we all know Google has this thing locked up tighter than fort knox unless you have an invite, so, if you would like to make your own Google Plus account just PM me your email and I will invite you.

******Please do not put your e-mail here in this thread******

Post subject: Re: Google Plus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

G+ has been open to everyone for weeks now, brah.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Jipstyle wrote:
G+ has been open to everyone for weeks now, brah.

I'm pretty sure it's invite only, unless that changed in the last 72 hours since I received mine... but i have been wrong in the past. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

They've actually had Open Registration for a couple of weeks now. Only requirement is a Google account.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:58 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

furball146 wrote:
They've actually had Open Registration for a couple of weeks now. Only requirement is a Google account.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Spider Monkey wrote:
furball146 wrote:

Well i guess that's why my buddy is having trouble joining he tried with a hot-mail address....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:29 am 

codyandbecca wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
furball146 wrote:

Well i guess that's why my buddy is having trouble joining he tried with a hot-mail address....

HAHAHAHAHA! Fuckin goober.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:36 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

It's fucking full. They don't take any more invites even if you have them to enter.

You guys with it are running with blinders. You don't remember Gmail either I guess either. It'll be 3 months before even our invites are accepted. I'm a goober for not getting in? Suck it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:06 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Chumly wrote:
It's fucking full. They don't take any more invites even if you have them to enter.

You guys with it are running with blinders. You don't remember Gmail either I guess either. It'll be 3 months before even our invites are accepted. I'm a goober for not getting in? Suck it.

Mad, bro?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 am 

Chumly wrote:

No, you're a goober if you try to get in with a hotmail account. Follow along, goober.