Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HOW TO CREATE A MAXIMUM PC STYLE DISC WITH MENU AND GRAPHPIC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 pm 

I saw the other post but it it gives no information and I couldn't find anything in the OS or alt forums so I have returned to get the info I seek.

I would like to create a dvd that has a similar menu as the maximum pc disc but would like to have the buttons act as a directory that will open to give discriptions of PDFs, JPEGS, divix, software, ect in that sub menu.

I have a Windows XP MCE machine. :roll:

I would like to know the software and a step by step of how it is that the good folks from MAXPC make the disc.

Is there a freeware alt. to the software they use?

THANK YOU!
(sorry if this post is misplaced but this seemed like a programming thing to me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 am 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

First, welcome to the MPC forums.

Next, what you are looking to do is actually create a web, however, rather than publish to a server you would publish to a disk. Meaning you create a web with an Index (Home Page) with buttons etc. as links to your child pages. Then it is all placed on a disk.

There are a number of ways to go about it. There are also a number of languages that can be used. I would start by looking to some free web publishing and authoring software. This is an example:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa975050.aspx

Visual Web Developer would be a start. Things could also be done in Notepad using HTML. However I would suggest a program that does the work for you. That is why I suggest what I did. There are countless ways to go about what you want to do.

Ron

Post subject: Re: HOW TO CREATE A MAXIMUM PC STYLE DISC WITH MENU AND GRAP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:43 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

CAPTAINAMERICA55 wrote:
I saw the other post but it it gives no information and I couldn't find anything in the OS or alt forums so I have returned to get the info I seek.

I would like to create a dvd that has a similar menu as the maximum pc disc but would like to have the buttons act as a directory that will open to give discriptions of PDFs, JPEGS, divix, software, ect in that sub menu.

I have a Windows XP MCE machine. :roll:

I would like to know the software and a step by step of how it is that the good folks from MAXPC make the disc.

Is there a freeware alt. to the software they use?

THANK YOU!
(sorry if this post is misplaced but this seemed like a programming thing to me)

You could something like Adobe Shockwave or Adobe Flash. Flash would be your best bet; it has animations and is pretty programmable. I haven't subscribed to MaxPC in ages so I don't know what the CD looks like. :/

However, you could create a basic HTML file that links to all of the files in the CD. Burn the HTML file into the CD and create an autorun.bat file that calls IE to which you pass the HTML file too. That could work as well.