First off: I DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO WRITE THE PROGRAM.
(I'm a big boy)
My current assignment is to write a really ultra simple program to do stats for 3 players on a team.
I know the Tags:
REM, LET, PRINT, COLOR, CLS, END
I also know how to make numeric variables, alpha-numerics, equations, variable equations
' means the same thing as REM in QBASIC
The coed 3-player basketball team needs to keep track of some simple statistics. Your job as the team statistician is to write a program that will neatly display the team's scoring information in a table format. Here are the details you will need to write this program.
1. The title above the table should be The Binary Bandits.
2. There should be column headings for Player, 2-Pts., 3-Pts, FTs, and Total.
3. There should be three rows of data, one for each player.
4. All alphanumeric and numeric data must be assigned to variables.
5. Use several colors to enhance the appearance of the table.
6. The actual data you will use represent the number of 2 point baskets made, the number of 3 point baskets made, and the number of free throws made. These statistics for each player are shown in the table below.
7. From this you will calculate the total number of points made by each player. The general formula to use for total points is:
Total = (No. of 3-Pointers x 3) + (No. of 2-Pointers x 2) + Free Throws
Player 3-Pts 2-Pts FT Total
Atwill 2 6 5 23
Putney 5 3 4 25
Jordan 2 4 3 17
I must do pseudo code first!
I will not post the assignment I turn in (for mischievous children) however I will post snippets of code.
pt = # of Free Throws
Ex of how it is used with players:
Jordan made 4 Two-pointers:
jpt2 = 4
REM The letter at the front of all "pt" variables is the first letter of the name of the player
Most processing for this is the total.
(pt3 x 3) + (pt2 x 2) + (pt) = total#
EDIT: I have Googled many of these phrases, and came up with nothing. If you have found any search engine that links to this thread, please tell me.