Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HTML Help/Advice/Etc
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:34 pm 
I am not my computer's stats
I am not my computer's stats

Well I decided to do a small little project. Nothing major. Im not sure what it is called though, but most of the time I can pick up scripts on the internet and just incorperate them into my HTML files.

Basically what I want is this:

Image display as the page.
When you rollover a specific part of the image, a little text box pops up with whatever I need in it.

I know I will be using image mapping with this, Ive done it before but forgot. I can learn it easily though. But Ive only used Image Mapping to be used with a link, so this is the part Im not too certain about. Over part of the image, get a box, over another part of the image, get a different box.

Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: HTML Help/Advice/Etc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:02 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

maxxpc wrote:
Well I decided to do a small little project. Nothing major. Im not sure what it is called though, but most of the time I can pick up scripts on the internet and just incorperate them into my HTML files.

Basically what I want is this:

Image display as the page.
When you rollover a specific part of the image, a little text box pops up with whatever I need in it.

I know I will be using image mapping with this, Ive done it before but forgot. I can learn it easily though. But Ive only used Image Mapping to be used with a link, so this is the part Im not too certain about. Over part of the image, get a box, over another part of the image, get a different box.

Any ideas?

This would be simple with a Perl CGI program. You can also add the text boxes where you want them but set them initially to be invisible. You can then use a onmouseover() event to trigger a method to change their visibility to visible. That would be another way to go about it.