Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Non-Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:23 am 

Bluetooth is all the rage in portable and wireless speakers nowadays, but the range limitations are too great for me, especially since I live in an old style house with real substance in the walls. My room is at one of the house while the kitchen is at the other end, which is more than 50ft through two other rooms. My 2.4ghz Sennheiser RS170 headphones work beautifully, but it gets hot as I am cooking and I would like to find a portable speaker to use in the kitchen while I cooked or washed dishes. It has to be able to be sufficiently loud to hear over running water and I don't want to spend more than $100 for something I'm only going to be using once a day.

Does anybody know of portable wireless speakers that don't operate on bluetooth? I would also like it to be a single piece. I've seen some 2.0 sets made for outdoor use, but that wouldn't work for moving it from between my room and the kitchen on a regular basis.

Post subject: Re: Non-Bluetooth Wireless Portable Speaker
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless ... ss+speaker

I'm assuming you're playing from a desktop or similar device that can't be considered portable. The problem here is that wireless headphones take up this market with little for speakers, which is more for the portable media player market