I've mulled over it some more, but I'm very picky. I'm stuck on MX Browns, but I can't say that until I've tried Reds. And while I do like some blingy features (backlit keyboard, for instance), I don't like gaming keyboards with a dozen macro keys and fugly designs. I'd buy a CM Storm in a heartbeat... if it didn't look gaudy.
I guess I could get over that though. I do like Das Keyboard and Filco, but I'm still kind of on the fence. The keyboard I've been most happy with is the Saitek Eclipse II, but I fudged up the spacebar while cleaning it.
EDIT: The good thing is I do have tight desirables for keyboards, so it helps narrow things.
- As mentioned, Cherry MX Brown. I've tried Browns, Blues, and Blacks.
- If it's backlit, it can only be blue, green, or white. If it's red I don't want it, period (also 50% of why I don't want the CM Storm)
- I would prefer a full 104 keys, but I'm opening up to 80ish-keys and just get a numpad. Of course... matching numpad (as in look) may be hard to find
- I want media keys. Or at least volume control. And to make it more annoying, if it's the FN+F key style, none of them should be at F5-F8, because it means I need two hands to work it.
- I don't care for macro keys or any other extra gaming features. These just don't appeal to me.