Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Best of the Best
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:37 pm 

Let me start by saying i am a big fan of the magazine....and have been a loyal subscriber for at least 6 years....but i have purchased 2 items after recommendations from "best of the best
1st being the R.A.T.7 mouse what a piece of junk.......i sent that back to Saitek twice.....because the tracking would go all wacky after several weeks....in my opinion a POS.
I am currently using my old G5.....not as many buttons.....but a great mouse.
My 2nd and most recent purchase the Corsair sp2500 2.1 speaker system....to replace my klipsch promedia 2.1 that died after 9 years....Now the Corsair sp2500 are very good speakers.....which they should be for over 200 dollars in price....i was tempted to buy another pair of klipsch...but after reading the fantastic review on "best of the best" i was sold and bought them.....they are not better than the Klipsch.....so how can they be best of the best......not to mention the Klipsch are 75 dollars cheaper.
I am not a hater of Maximum PC......I love you guys....but you really have to be more accurate on these best of the best ratings.....i will always be a loyal subscriber and reader....but i will be much more hesitant .....before following any more of these "best of the best" ratings.
Kowal :roll:

Post subject: Re: Best of the Best
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:27 pm 
Team Member Top 1000
Team Member Top 1000

Welcome to the forums! My eyes! O_O) Change the font size please. What is your point? If you want the best tech of the hour, get to Gooling man! ;) :P We can help you empty your wallet on the latest n' greatest hardware. Stop by the Help Me Buy/Help Me Build section. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 am 

sorry for the big print,,,,,,,,,my eyes are not what they used to be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:27 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
so what you are saying is that the new ones were not better than a pair that was 9 years old, I would venture, the klipsch speakers are not the same now as they were 9 years ago either. If they were, you would wonder why they were so expensive now compared to then.

there is no best of the best, there is always something better, but you would not pay the price for the "best". there is a best of the best within reason, or they do not sound bad (and many do). ultimately its all up to your ears, not theirs. and who is to say you do not have hearing problems that the tester did not. or visa versa.

use equalizer in the sound software, adjust it to account for your space and hearing. if your eyes are not the same as they used to be, neither is your hearing. having worked around loud machinery all my life my hearing isnt what it used to be either.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm 

The Klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers are still available new......the same model that i bought 9 years ago.......for $149.00......I bought the corsair speakers SP2500 through amazon for $199.00 plus s/h.
I am not saying the corsair are not good speakers......i am just saying the klipsch are a little bit better and at reduced price.
Yes, my hearing is very good......i can hear when someone pulls in my driveway before my kids do......my eye sight is not what it use to be (i now where eyeglasses).
Peace...........