Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 3d Computer wanted
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 pm 

I want to know about building what I'm calling a 3d computer. I want to be able to put a 3d blu-ray disk in my computer, and watch hi-def TV on my computer. I also want the same computer to happily and easily play 3d games. My wants here cannot be all that unusual.

I'd think it odd and amazing if somebody can explain all of that to me here. I'm sort of hoping for a link to somewhere that provides current coverage on this issue.

Maybe what I want is just a bit too much on the bleeding edge to be practical. From this article, sounds like the standards are very much in flux.
http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entert ... -universal

Thanks for any help.

P.s. I may be posting this the wrong place, or asking questions that have already been answered, but the search function requires at least 3 letters per term, so my effort to search for 3d failed completely.

Post subject: Re: 3d Computer wanted
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm 
Million Club - 5 Plus
Million Club - 5 Plus

cant really explain it all, but I can say gaming wise its pretty easy.

I run into a samsung 3d TV using the TVs glasses, using nvidias 3DPlay software and a pair of GTX 285s in SLI. all old tech really, nothing really special. 3dPlay (which integrates into the nvidia driver) has a list of games with profiles as to what looks good in 3D. the only game Ive run in 3D so far is Far Cry 2. looks pretty cool but Im not sure I would want to do extended play with it. but havent really gamed much lately as i dont have lots of spare time at the moment.