Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Inexpensive Sound Quality Improvement
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I see guy's ask all the time here in the forums about what sound card they should buy. They play games or listen to music through headphones, but they want something more. I stumbled across something that will probably fit the bill for most people looking for better quality, more powerful sound from their headphones through their PC, and it doesn't require changing any hardware, or even using a USB port. It can be used by any pc, including nettops/netbooks, notebooks, or full tower desktops. Best of all it's only $60.

I was reading through some blogs posted by Steve Guttenberg, the author of the Audiophiliac page over at Cnet.com, and he had just reviewed the Electric Avenues PA2V2 portable amp....read more here (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20031047-47.html?tag=mncol;txt. I took a more in depth look at, Gary Ali, the man behind the amps website (http://www.electric-avenues.com. He's sold thousands of amp, and is now making the current model, the PA2V2.

Feeling quite comfortable after reading over his website, and reading Steve's Audiophiliac blog about the product, I emailed Gary myself. He responded quickly and is just the nicest and most informative guy. You can tell he really cares about his product. He backs it with a lifetime (until the day he dies) warranty, that covers pretty much anything, even you damaging it accidentally. I just purchased one, and will be looking forward to trying it out personally when I return home next month, and will post my own review somewhere in the near future. I'm feeling quite comfortable, that anyone looking for a better, higher quality sound from their built in sound card, would benefit from this inexpensive, unobtrusive upgrade.

Post subject: Re: Inexpensive Sound Quality Improvement
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:20 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

Interesting. Let us know how it goes. I would be interested in learning more about it.