Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ypbpr cable adapters?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:41 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Recently got some new hardware and i want to line it into my RCA switch on my TV. The Switch itself has 6 ports so it can do YPbPr or just the single yellow connector (and stereo audio). But the TV only has Coax and a single Video port (but stereo audio)

I haven't had any luck finding YPbPr 3 into one only YPbPr 3 into VGA, HDMI, or S-Video. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Post subject: Re: ypbpr cable adapters?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

So you want to go from component video to composite video? Most newer AV recievers can handle making this switch. You can also buy some switch boxes, down coverter, or scalers. But keep in mind that component is meant to be analog HD. Composite (single yellow) is old school for video.

They make Component to dvi/vga/hdmi/s-video (pick whatever end you want) cables. Just search google. What are you trying to connect together? Something to your RCA switch that goes to the TV.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

jlh304 wrote:
So you want to go from component video to composite video? Most newer AV recievers can handle making this switch. You can also buy some switch boxes, down coverter, or scalers. But keep in mind that component is meant to be analog HD. Composite (single yellow) is old school for video.

They make Component to dvi/vga/hdmi/s-video (pick whatever end you want) cables. Just search google. What are you trying to connect together? Something to your RCA switch that goes to the TV.

Well my PSP and my DVD Player are both Component, my switch (4 devices all routed though the same device so i can change the devices with the push of one button) is also Component (but it also has a single Composite outlet as well so i can do either)

But our TV is only composite (and coax) I need to find a way to get them all to play nice with my tv because right now i can run some of the devices via composite in and out but if they only have Component out (like my PSP) then the TV stays dark.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:31 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Yeah you have a dumb switch (not insulting you or your switch) it takes processing power to change from component to composite. I had a belkin switch similar to what you have (was great for adding component connections), but couldn't take a component signal and downgrade it to a composite (or go the other way). I don't know of a cheap solution to this (new tv time :) ).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:42 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Are there any smart switches right now I have 2 dumb switches so i can swap 8 devices, might be worthwhile just to get one 8 port smart switch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 am 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

http://www.amazon.com/Component-Composite-w-Down-Scaling/dp/B003FJKHBU

You can try the above link to a product. Sounds like it would work, but I haven't used that one. It's $55, anything that I know will work for certain will be much more expensive. It has some good reviews so I would give it a shot.

If you get it let us know how it works out for you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

your problem is the tv... it has only composite ports....

older tv's with these ports can't upscale from a higher end signal... you need a newer tv...

it's different than dvd upscaling in which a dvd player increases the signal using it's processor to fill in the blanks to make a 480p signal into a 720p one...

the tv you have by virtue of having only a composite "yellow" cable has no such processor... it can't distinguish the signal... therefore the blank screen....

there is no cable or solution to your problem other than a new tv... sorry...