You may have noticed some people around the forum with special tag by their name that looks like this:
These people are members of the MaximumPC Private Club. They are experts in a wide variety of fields, and their advice is often very good.
I want to be a [PC] member! How can I join?
You must be nominated by another [PC] member. [PC] members are usually nominated because they are very knowledgable, helpful, and mature individuals. Here are some tips if you are interested in joining:
- Act mature and respectful. Nobody likes being around others who can't act like an adult. This is your forum too. Respect it and it will respect you.
- Check your grammar and spelling. Not everyone is perfect, and nobody expects you to be, but unfortunately, consistently poor grammar and spelling will reflect on you negatively. Put some effort into your posts.
- Be helpful, not hurtful. Everyone was a newbie once, and you can have a direct impact on another newbie's experience on the forum, and people will notice one way or the other. A great way to show that you're helpful is to answer unanswered posts. Observe on the forum home page the link that says View unanswered posts
- Know your limits. Don't give advice on topics you have no experience with or knowledge of. If someone else shows you that you're wrong, either accept it or agree to disagree.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help on subjects you're not an expert in. Even Number Six, aka [Ch]amsalot, asks for help sometimes .