Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: newegg maybe not so good
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:54 pm 

I don't know about you guys, but I've had some problems with newegg in the past. Between my sister and I, we've ordered from them 6 times, and although the packages always arrived, there was always some sort of problem, or delay, or something.

But the last time (jan 11) I ordered winXp for a customer's computer. It wasn't a rush so I ordered it regular ground. About 30 minutes later I got an email saying they can't ship it to the specified address, because it doesn't match the address on my card.

This is wierd because I ALWAYS have the shipments go to that address (which is actually my mom's house, which is not in "the city", so packages left on doorsteps are usually still around when she gets home). But in any case I call up newegg and explain it to the lady. She was nice enough, and said they would let it go this time, but if I wanted to ship to that address again I would have to change the address on my card.

For the next three days my order is still at step 1. I was going to call Friday afternoon but just before I did I got an email saying my order had been cancelled! This email didn't even include a phone number to call, so I had to dig the last email out of my trash to get a number. The guy on the phone was pretty rude, plus he flat out lied to me. I asked him why it was cancelled, he said the bank declined the funds. When I asked him why, he said he couldn't tell me, that the bank offered no explanation, and if I wanted an explanation I needed to call my bank. Then he told me that newegg had tried on multiple occasions to contact me about the problem ... which is a flat out lie!

My bank told me that the transaction had indeed posted, that the card was charged.

So I called back newegg (for the last time) and the guy I talked to said they were issuing a refund, but that my order was cancelled because the addresses didn't match.

So wtf? I had called the bank to have my address changed. The first newegg lady said she'd take care of it. The second guy lied to my face saying he had no idea why the bank "declined" the funds.

To top it off, they wouldn't even reinstate the order. I would have to go back through and re-place the order (which was more than just windows xp ... I ordered an mp3 player for my girlfriend's birthday), which is sort of a hassel, especially since I expected to have it that very day!

Well, I did indeed place my order ... with MWAVE.com. It was a total of $10 more expensive (including shipping), but I got a tracking number THAT NIGHT. Now, the package is scheduled to be delivered today (monday), which is pretty good since mwave claims that they don't ship packages on sat or sun. Plus, their phone number is right at the top of every page.

So anyway mwave saved my ass with my customer (since I'm not waiting another week in shipping time), and my girlfriend gets her birthday present on time (which is next week).

No more newegg for me!
- Emery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:36 am 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. Luckily for me Ive never had a complaint with them in the last 5 years. I spend thousands of dollars a year with them, so im glad they do good for me. There is an option under shipping to bill to your billing address on the card and ship to your moms house. I use that all the time to bill customers for parts directly then have them shipped to me at my address. Has never caused a problem. Good luck in the future!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:55 am 
Team Member
Team Member

I've had similar problems where they flat-out refused to ship to an address that was not registered somehow with the issuer of my credit card.

However, it seems sporadic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:48 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

I've had some minor rebate problems that angered me, but I thought I'd try 'em again recently. I ordered yet another OCZ powerstream on Monday, and it's still at step 4 (packed), and my crossflow fan is at step 3. Very weird as they've shipped items that same day...not 2 days later.

I really need to stop using them I guess. The only perk was their shipping department, and now that's been biting me. Directron/Yahoo had it all cheaper anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:21 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

I havn't bought anything from NewEgg within the past 3 months but I have had nothing but good expierances with NewEgg. I always check NewEgg first, However my last purchase was at ZipZoomFlly due to price and stock issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:30 pm 

ive bought from them 4 times and not had a problem with the item coming on time. usually its early and i live in florida. I did buy 1 gig mushkin ram 2 months ago and it would give data corruption running at pc-3200 speed. i rma'd it and got a replacement within 10 days and works prefect. No matter how good a place rep is, there are bound to be some problems . Ive used MWAve before and usually they take to long to ship. but the price is usually good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:33 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I've purchased about 15 items from them over the past couple of years...I have never had a negative experience..in fact, in most cases the product arrives ahead of schedule.